- Posted 29 April 2022
- SalaryUS$30 - US$32 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Procurement Analyst I
12+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $30-32/hr
Orion Group is seeking a detail-oriented and analytical minded Procurement Analyst to work onsite in Chaska, MN for our premiere Medical Device manufacturing client.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a significant contributor to a team of professionals procuring manufacturing components from a worldwide supply base.
As a Procurement Analyst, you will perform duties as assigned and work with other members of the Purchasing Team to ensure material availability for the production and service of medical diagnostic instruments for our customers in hospital and laboratory environments supporting patient health.
We're looking for associates who thrive in a team-oriented, goal focused environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages the purchasing of components supporting production across multiple value streams.
* Manages the purchasing of expense materials and service suppliers to support production.
* Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs.
* Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules.
* Assist in managing part shortages and expedites when necessary.
* Assist in completing scrap forms as a result of Excess and Obsolete material reviews.
* Expedite past due purchase orders with suppliers. Ensure all FDA, ISO and related regulatory requirements are consistently met.
* Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain.
* Employs procurement automation and standardized buying processes across value streams using tools such as Kanban with blanket orders and auto-releases based on other trigger mechanisms.
* Identifies and resolves any issues that delay material deliveries.
* Attend, contribute and represent the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings.
* Providing support to tactical buyers.
* Special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* A Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain with at least 2+ years of experience.
* Requires strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal leadership skills in a high-volume work environment.
* Must have a practical working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems:
* PRMS and Oracle working knowledge is preferred.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel with the ability to learn new programs that are job specific.
* US citizenship or existing eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of how to effectively operate in a regulated procurement environment (FDA, GMED, NCIS etc.).
* High level of fluency in MS Excel and Outlook and a medium level of skill in the balance of the MS Office suite of programs.
* Ability to work independently with minor direction, as well as the ability to function in a team environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.