- Posted 13 May 2022
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Offshore Drilling & Completion Supervisor, based Offshore on a 3 / 3 rotation.
* Execute and supervise jobs as per the daily instructions produced by the Senior Drilling Supervisor and immediately revert back to him in case of deviation from the work instructions or in case of any problem.
* Plan, execute and report all activities in accordance with company's operating standards and statutory legislation.
* Ensure rig personnel receive adequate instructions to carry out their task safely.
* Take the necessary actions to correct hazardous situations or conditions.
* Demonstrate commitment to safety and SIMOPS compliance rules
* Review operations programs
* Supervise the implementation of operation programs
* Control the activity of contractors and supervisors
* Personally supervise delicate or risky operations
* Analyse the instantaneous data
* Anticipate potential problems and propose alternative strategies to the approval of the Senior Drilling Supervisor
* Compose and review operating procedures
* Ensure the reliability of technical information
* Ensure daily and final reporting of wells or of operations
* Participate in the production of technical and operational syntheses
* Closely follow-up daily costs
* Assess the performance of service providers
* Ensure the respect of safety rules, of the environment and of the frame of reference
* Assist in anticipating needs and in organising/coordinating supplying
* Ensure all high spec technologies are properly mastered and implemented by service providers
* Contribute to the improvement of skills and the know-how
* Produce daily operation reports (DDR, cost ...) to onshore support to ensure accuracy and comprehension
* Assist Day Supervisor for personnel and equipment requirements and movements
* Monitor well budget and operational costs. Ensure well files are updated promptly
* Feed Drilling Engineer and actively assist in capturing, collating and recording lessons learnt / end of phases debriefing (DWIP)
* Ensure well operations progress is in compliance with the program
* Attend relevant Job Safety Meetings and TOFS
* Actively participate to the Daily Safety Tour
Experience & Qualifications:
* Initial formal education - diplomas: Mechanical Eng.
* Demonstrated ability through experience and proven achievements in Drilling, completion and work-over operations with relevant offshore experience.
* Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment.
* Basic knowledge of Geosciences and Geotechnical disciplines.
* Good computer skills especially in Drilling Engineering softwares (Rig Toolbox, BHA Management, Wellview, T-Desk basic knowledge).
* Jack-up, HPHT and MPD knowledge
* Experience in narrow windows, heavy losses environments helpful
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054649.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.