- Posted 12 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Supervisor / Wellsite Leader, based in Aberdeen.
* Manage onsite operations safely and eﬃciently, and lead ﬁeld personnel to deliver the business objectives, in full compliance with relevant standards, policies and legislation.
* Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies. Ensure site safety and environmental management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
* Ensure site personnel understand the Emergency Response Procedures and carry out regular drills.
* Demonstrate leadership and commitment by actively participating in the onsite HSE programs.
* Develop the onsite team and coach individuals to enhance their contribution to performance.
* Build team spirit and morale through inclusive behaviour and respect for diversity.
* Ensure site team members have a clear understanding about the objectives of the operation and their roles in delivering these objectives.
* Deliver continuous performance improvement by eﬃcient management of onsite resources and use of best practices.
* Ensure all activities by onsite personnel are coordinated, and in compliance with well program procedures.
* Coordinate and communicate with oﬀ-site personnel and resources to manage program changes and deliver business objectives.
* Ensure onsite lessons are captured and shared eﬀectively.
* Monitor, evaluate and report daily operations, variances and performance against the well program objectives and third-party contracts.
* Report, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating
to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly.
* Active management of drilling contractor and service providers oﬀshore in compliance with company's policies and legislative requirements.
* Interface with platform management to ensure appropriate control of simultaneous operation issues.
* Commitment to well planning and learning process through input into drilling procedures, forward programmes and active participation in company's continuous improvement processes.
* Management and control of operational costs.
* Incident reporting and investigation as appropriate.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Intermediate level professional position requiring a bachelor's degree and experience unless otherwise noted
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062166.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.