- Posted 01 October 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our Oil & Gas client is seeking an experienced Document Controller with subsurface/wells experience for an initial 12-month contract, based in the city centre.
Candidates should ideally be based in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area and already hold a valid right to work in the UK.
* Manage well information throughout entire lifecycle from creation to final reporting / destruction including registering, registering, tracking and distributing subsurface data received from internal and third parties assisting in the capture of it in the company's DMS and the regulator's repository, OGA NDR.
* Provide full support to G&G and Drilling Departments re day-to-day subsurface data management queries and requests.
* Support regulatory compliance by assisting in the development and execution of all procedures and specifications relating to OGA compliance for subsurface data.
Familiarity with all OGA guidance in relation to the reporting and disclosure of well and seismic data stipulated in the Energy Act 2016 and Petroleum Act 1998.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company owned blocks, licences, partners, planned drilling and exploration activities and metadata requirement both for company's repositories and OGA repositories.
* Support the Data Analyst and DCWS and G&G departments in the creation and execution of OGA Information and Samples Plans.
* Work in compliance with Company procedures and work instructions.
* Represent the IM team and companies at departmental meetings and regulatory meetings as required.
* Quality check of document deliverables received from internal and external parties against IM Standards and Specifications.
* Document Number, Revision Coding / Revision Status and other metadata control and allocation.
* Support the creation and maintenance of internal Master Document Registers (MDRs) for use by the project / campaign teams.
* Deliver document management requests received from the DCWS and G&G functional teams including document numbering, tag numbering, document retrieval, searching etc.
* Docloading (bulk loading) of records to EDMS and regulator's repository, NDR.
* Expediting of all documentation to ensure all regulatory deadlines for reporting are met.
* Offsite storage requests and retrievals for the business (Physical Records Management).
* Provide training and support to personnel in document management processes and search/use of EDMS.
* Assist in the implementation of new document management related processes and enhancements.
* Proactively promote and ensure document management processes and procedures are understood and are complied with by the users.
* Ensure Intranet Project Sites is set up as required.
* Communicate and provide regular status updates to the Information Centre Team Leader identifying potential areas of concern and seek resolution in a timely manner.
* Execute day-to-day document management support to DCWS, G&G and Developments.
* Provide weekly progress / status updates.
* Attend and contribute to team meetings.
* Work in a collaborative manner and, where required, support and assist other Information Centre team members.
* The Company will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
* Employees will take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others and will familiarise themselves and comply with all Company Safety Rules and Regulations.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Has an effective and appropriate level of written and oral communication skills.
* Has a positive attitude and demonstrates commitment and initiative in the delivery of an efficient service to the business, i.e., is customer focused.
* Has a systematic and disciplined approach to work and is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work within a limited and / or defined timeline.
* Is a team player and willing to provide a support role to other members of the Information Centre team, back-filling in their absence.
* Has a meticulous attention to detail with accurate inputting skill.
* Has knowledge and experience of managing Geoscience data.
* Is able to adopt a proactive and coordinated approach in identifying anomalies, areas of concern and resolving problems in a timely and effective manner.
* Documentum / Webtop.
* A degree qualification in Geoscience, Data Management, Information Management or Information Science is desirable.
* Knowledge of Geoscience and Drilling workflows.
* Experience of data management systems.
* MS Office computer literacy.
* Experience in a similar role.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/061952.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.