Data Performance & Innovation Lead
- Posted 14 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Data Performance & Innovation Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* Maintain a business value focus (beyond technical) to develop a Data Driven Performance Strategy. A strategy driven by the connection of discreet data sets to enhance transparency, create data centric autonomous workflows and generate business insight and value from the data landscape.
* Through an innovation process unlock value delivery, capture both internal and externally generated ideas (B2B Relationships) for future Data Driven Performance solutions.
* Support and undertake data analysis to generate insight and determine the value proposition for RUN scale implementation of identified Data Driven Performance solutions
* Lead the development and deployment of Data Driven Performance solutions, supporting their long-term maintenance and enhancement.
* Support SB/Digital programmes, ensure coherence toward the Data Driven Performance Strategy, where appropriate support SB/Digital to produce digital products.
* Maintain a broad understanding of the latest digital technologies, within a variety of different industries, and how they could be applied within the affiliate as part of the Data Driven Performance Strategy
* Develop Data Driven Performance solutions in partnership with Technical Service stakeholders and Data Domain Owners to unlock value through e.g., data management, digital awareness, assessment of risk, business capability or business-2-buiness data continuity.
* Develop data driven improvement initiatives for investment validation, ensure plans are costed with clear milestones and KPIs to assure Company value.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Internal & External stakeholders necessary to achieve delivery against the Data Driven Performance Strategy.
* Lead stakeholder engagements (present) to inform, influence, and articulate how data driven technology solutions deliver improved performance, articulate prioritised examples and analogues already investigated/evaluated, be an agent for change.
* Promote build-out of the Central Data Platform (CDP) and other Data Centric Platforms e.g. Digital Twins, to to the benefit of Innovation.
* Coach/transfer insight and digital competency, raising the digital performance of individuals and teams, bridging between domain experts and the modern digital ecosystem, providing insight to internal and external stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills are required with the ability to effectively influence stakeholder relationships,
* Behavioural skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientated, team player
* Ability to work independently on own initiative and to contribute as part of a team
* A proven track record of being a team player with leadership potential
* Capacity to manage complex projects and activities.
* Proven experience in data analytics with the ability to translate data into tangible business improvements and initiatives. Ideally having significant experience in applied Data Science with strong understanding of underlying systems and data
* Proven experience of project management, with a track record of delivering organisational change and improvement programmes which leverage the latest technologies
* Proven knowledge of data modelling techniques and cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (MS Azure components)
* Proven knowledge of data quality methods and processes and experience of driving improvement through collaboration
* Proven experience of working within a dynamic Agile based team or willingness to learn Agile methodologies
* Proven knowledge Systems integration linking desperate information platforms
* Software Development Knowledge
* Be qualified to degree level with wide industry knowledge, ideally experienced within several technical disciplines.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062213.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.