- Posted 18 June 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Data Coordinator, based in Aberdeen.
* To provide operational data support as required
* To support all company vessels and projects regarding onboard Survey data storage
* Oversee and execute Managed File Transfer systems while transferring data between company entities or 3rd party stakeholders
* To provide in-house Data Management service
* To manage data storage requirements within assigned company offices
* To maintain data archives effectively and efficiently
* To recover data as required
* To maintain up to date catalogues and associated paperwork
* To monitor ongoing request tickets and prioritise accordingly
* To liaise with related stakeholders
* To follow Data Management processes and procedures and to update these procedures where required
* To proactively review developing technologies and practices to improve internal processes
* To aid with ongoing Data Governance practices
* To maintain data integrity and accessibility using associated software and hardware
* To liaise with company IT and Vessel IT teams as required
* To set up ancillary Data Management systems as required, including systems configuration, and deployment of operational hardware
* Occasional travel to support other sites and vessels may be required
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to Higher level or equivalent
* Degree qualified or HND qualified within a relevant subject however relevant discipline experience (desirable).
* IT related qualifications in computing, data systems, data management, SQL Server or similar (desirable)
* Technical problem solving skills.
* Excellent computer skills and understanding of data formats.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of principle discipline and peripheral subjects.
* Co-ordination, organisation and liaison skills.
* Clear and effective oral and written communication skills. Proactive communication to team and management.
* Creative thinking - recognising, exploring, and using a broad range of ideas and practices.
* Identify technological trends and patterns that could be applied in the organisation.
* Knowledge of Web based technologies applied to data storage and manipulation
* Understanding and experience in agile project and development methodology would be an advantage.
* Understanding and experience in problem solving relating to IT Systems/Software and Project Management would be a distinct advantage.
* Organised and professional approach to work.
* Previous experience from a relevant discipline area.
* Understanding of data systems hardware and software is essential.
* Technical understanding of IT data hardware and networking.
* In depth IT knowledge of systems and hardware and knowledge of networking
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054774.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.