We have a current opportunity for a Tender Manger on a permanent basis. The position will be based in East Kilbride. For further information about this position please apply.
- Support divisional managers with proposal plans in advance of bidding.
- Manage the tender activities on specified tenders to planned time deadlines whilst maximising the company's competitiveness in the market.
- Manage risk at tender stage.
- Manage communications with the client and report back to the appropriate department.
- Process enquiries from receipt, through assessment & review to bid submission and contract award.
- Support the development of new products and contribute to the company's efforts to introduce new competitive suppliers.
- Report progress and tendering performance.
- Provide leadership and support throughout the tendering process to ensure key deadlines are achieved.
- Develop and maintain an effective rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Prepare formal tenders for high value turnkey contracts.
- Management of tender inputs from engineering, project management, commercial and other departments.
- Compile the amassed technical, pricing and contractual data into the formal proposal documentation.
- Leadership and Management Duties and Requirements
- Demonstrate confidence to lead/coordinate a team in complex and high value projects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as clients, fabricators and suppliers to enable a smooth tendering process.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to deliver effective relationship building at all levels.
- Significant relevant experience required
- Previous experience of managing and leading large, complex tendering projects in the Oil & Gas, Renewables or Water contracting industries
- Experience with dealing with overseas clients
- Cohesive team player
- Continuous self-developer
- Customer focussed and innovative solutions provider desirable
- Minimum of HND qualification or equivalent in experience, in a related Technical, Commercial or Engineering discipline
- Tendering, estimating background from contracting large capital plant projects.
- An understanding of turnkey contracting, process plant, piping systems, rotating machinery, civils/structural.
- General IT familiarity and competence in use of MS Office and Google Applications Excellent communicator
- Ability to maintain focus and report performance and schedules
- Focused on Change Control, Risk and Opportunity
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.