- Posted 24 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Subsea Control System and Umbilical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Delivery of Subsea Controls / Umbilical Engineering throughout the project lifecycle for UK Projects & Engineering as well as our Operated Assets including subsea hardware related integrity issues.
* Manage Health, Safety and Environment aspects associated with company's 'Safety in Design' and 'Process Safety
Fundamentals for all subsea hardware design work (including safety and environmentally critical elements).
* Delivery of Subsea Distribution Hardware & Umbilical's in accordance with regulations, standards (e.g., API
17F), guidelines (International, National and Company), company's specifications and project requirements.
* Oversee the performance of engineering service providers/contracting companies/suppliers associated with
the delivery of subsea controls and Umbilical's.
* Within UK Projects and Engineering, the Subsea Controls / Umbilical Engineer reports to the Subsea Controls &Umbilical Lead Engineer, who in turn reports to the Subsea & Pipelines Discipline Lead.
* Subsea Discipline Engineering is provided in a matrix format across all projects, requiring the simultaneous
delivery of multiple work packages for the design, fabrication, installation, (pre-)commissioning and operation of subsea & pipelines production systems.
* Working on complex (mainly brownfield), high value subsea & pipelines projects require multi-disciplinary
experience including onshore and offshore integration, working closely with key contractors and operated
host facilities and ensuring compliance with the intent of company's Project Management Framework.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical), preferably as accepted for
membership to a relevant professional institution. Candidates with other relevant disciplines and equivalent
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
* Requires approximately Significant of experience in applying discipline skills to oil and gas projects and able to perform tasks with minimal day to day supervision.
* Prior subsea control system and umbilical delivery experience, preferably with equipment manufacturers
across design, manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
* Preference will be given to candidates with umbilical design experience.
* Define subsea control systems and umbilical requirements considering any regulatory, Company Technical
Standards and Process Safety Basic Requirements.
* Understand factors influencing the specification of subsea control systems and Umbilical's from other
disciplines e.g., flow assurance, process engineering, subsea hardware.
* Good communication and influencing skills and aptitude for taking initiative are essential, as are the
interpersonal skills to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Candidates are expected to demonstrate leadership attributes and a commitment to quality, health, safety,
the environment, diversity, and inclusion and to further develop these skills throughout their career.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056123.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.