Senior Process Engineer
- Posted 13 May 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Support the maintenance of the lifecycle technical integrity and operational risk management of the offshore installations (within discipline) by applying appropriate engineering standards, procedures and guidance documents.
* Prepare and develop key process engineering documents including Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Basis of Design, Locked Valve Register, Line List and Operating Manuals.
* Undertake process design work as required; checks work of other engineers as appropriate.
* Provide support to other disciplines in the development and update of Safety Instrumented System assessments (SIL), Hazardous Area Classifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams and Alarm Management Philosophies, Scopes of Work and Engineering Modifications.
* Provide input to HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP, SIL and other process safety reviews as directed.
* Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model.
* Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with project and asset personnel.
* Ensure technical compliance in accordance with company Management System and all relevant Statutory Instruments, Codes, Regulations, Practice Notes, Safety Notices and Flashes.
* Assess deviations from standard, gaining approval from Technical Authorities where appropriate.
* Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Chemical Engineering.
* Current Offshore Medical and Survival certification. (Preferred)
* Chartered Engineer status with an appropriate engineering council registered body or actively working towards accreditation. (Preferred)
* Sound knowledge of the functionality and operation of a typical offshore installation.
* Sound knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to the management of lifecycle asset integrity and process safety.
* Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques, management of change processes and tools.
* Understanding of key legislation and regulatory framework applicable to UKCS offshore regime with knowledge of performance standards, assurance and verification activities.
* Experience of working on Studies, FEED and Detailed Design projects associated with UK offshore oil & gas sector. (Preferred)
* Previous Operations Support experience in the UKCS. (Preferred)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054656.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.