- Posted 19 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group are sourcing a Senior Process Engineer on behalf of our Multinational Biotechnology Client on an initial 11-month contract located in Dublin.
The successful candidate in this role will be essential in ensuring efficient and effective compliant design, construction, qualification, approval, and operation of the new state-of-the-art Large-Scale Mammalian-Based Drug Substance Facility during the initial project phase. The successful candidate will take a lead on utilising the latest innovations in technology and automation to create a workplace of the future.
- Support the design, construction, and qualification of upstream & downstream equipment on the site through to technology transfer and commercialization.
- Support establishment of the commercial process and routine manufacturing by:
- Supporting experimental design, execution, data analysis and interpretation.
- Interpreting trends observed in commercial process monitoring (e.g., proactive process analysis (PPA), continued process verification (CPV), statistical process control (SPC) multivariate analyses (MVDA)), and for further technical investigations and process changes that seek to drive improvements to yield and/or robustness.
- Supporting deviation management.
- Supporting change control prioritization and implementation.
- Authoring and reviewing of batch documentation, technical reports, and global regulatory submissions.
- Supporting multidisciplinary teams (manufacturing science and technology, quality, analytics, regulatory) for process improvement and troubleshooting with end-to-end product focus.
- Applying Lean Six Sigma tools by:
- Securing continuity of an appropriate LSS/CEM level of knowledge.
- Facilitating problem solving & risk assessment (FMEA) projects/meetings.
- Making problems visible and strive for continuous improvement.
- Serving as a key member during internal audits and external inspections/audits.
- Lead and support various manufacturing science and technology organizational initiatives as needed (examples include safety, financial forecasting, work standardization, etc).
- Maintain continuous focus on quality and safety compliance and unflinching focus on the customer.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' (for MSc) or 7 years' (for BSc) relevant experience in academia, pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Experience with upstream cell culture and/or downstream purification of biological molecules. Experience with technology transfer, regulatory filing, and commercial drug substance manufacturing of biologics is a plus.
- Technical operations experience in the drug substance manufacture of biological molecules at commercial scale.
- Prior experience in drug substance process development, process characterisation studies, process performance qualification and validation, site readiness, batch record reviews, authoring regulatory CTD sections and/or working with external contract organisation for development and/or manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods for DOE design and data analysis (e.g., JMP or Design Expert software).
- Working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), multivariate analysis (MVDA).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/ Chemistry (or PhD without industry experience),
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Nicole Elphick on +353864408707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about this role and other opportunities.
#orionlifesciences #pharmaceutical #biotechnology #contract #DublinJobs #processdevelopment #productdevelopment #processengineer
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.