- Posted 06 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Senior Pore Pressure Specialist
We are currently seeking an experienced PPFG/Geomechanics Specialist. This role will support Subsurface and Wells teams in well planning, execution, zonal isolation, abandonment and continuous improvement. Pore pressure and fracture gradient drill window definition is a high priority, safety-related activity that underpins the Well Basis of Design for all company operated wells. The successful candidate will lead development of safety-related compliant pore and fracture pressure forecasts, pressure detection strategies for strategic regional wells, engage geomechanics in the development of wellbore strengthening and wellbore stability evaluations, evaluate sub-surface related "non-productive time" (NPT) events for root cause to drive learning and coach junior staff. The successful candidate will be required to work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Deliver safety related Pore Pressure and Fracture Gradient Drill Window Forecast with integrated geomechanics
- Evaluate NPT events and support investigations to capture and share learnings
- Evaluate zonal isolation requirements for well construction and abandonment.
- Help develop the next generation of skilled practitioners in this scarce skill discipline to ensure succession.
- Advanced Degree in Geoscience/Petrophysics or Geomechanics
- Sound Geoscience and Geomechanics background, working knowledge of Petrophysics, Basin Modelling, Processing Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Rig Systems, and Well Control
- Proficient in Techlog and Excel
- Proficient in Petrel
- Proficient in vendor real-time monitoring software
- Experience in well planning and operations
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.