- Posted 16 September 2022
- Salary £1 - £330 per day + PAYE rate (Inside IR35) + holiday pay
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Senior Planning Engineer
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Planning Engineer with our UK client, one of the world's leading energy companies. This is an opportunity to be part of the energy transition initiative in electrification for future mobility and solutions.
The position will be based in central London. Hybrid working 2 days in office, 3 days remote.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and operation of a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities, performance management and reporting, and the integration of schedules from internal and third party sources into the overall project planning process for global programme of installed EV charging base.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
* Develop and assure integrity of the project level 1 and Master Control Schedule, provide post update analysis, ensuring the project team are aware of key changes and impact to critical /near critical paths.
* Ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of planning and progress measurement
* Provide planning support to the central Controls leadership Team to ensure compliance with the Planning and performance management
* Provide quality assurance of detailed schedules covering activities through to the start of operations;
* Provide quality assurance & support for planning activities of the contractors chosen to execute the program of work;
* Ensure that schedule learning from complementary work in other Business Units and external companies is appropriately utilized;
* Assist in developing the schedule process, system and procedures to support the program; - Assess contractors and vendors schedule submittals for conformance with requirements;
* Provide assurance that the contractors schedule systems interface and progress measurement is effectively implemented and consistently applied;
* Promote collaborative information sharing with team members and contractors.
* Continuously improving the planning strategy, plans and procedures
* Ensure contractor compliance with contractual planning, scheduling and reporting requirements
* Satisfying BP requirements and the expectations of stakeholders
* Communicating the plan effectively across the organisation, understanding the importance of the yearly targets and driving to deliver
Required Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of the EV market and the issues around an EV charging network
* Experience with Telecommunications or Automotive industry
* Experience in production planning
* Ability to also speak any of the following languages: Spanish, Mandarin, German, French
* Demonstrable track record planning delivery with experience of 5+ years covering the accountabilities relevant to the job description described herein, gained on medium to large scale size projects:
* Proven track-record of managing schedules for projects, including communication of complex schedule information to senior management (e.g. development of Level 1 plans to describe interfaces between multiple near-critical paths)
* Ability and proven skills to engage and work within a multifunctional discipline team to establish high levels of cooperation and credibility for the planning function when working with the project team.
* Experience of early-stage planning for medium to large projects (pre-execute) to understand the wider project context
* Influencing and communication skills in English language.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
Strong analytical skills with expertise in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerApps, PowerBI and ability to adapt quickly to new 'digital' technologies.
* Able to use Primavera version 6 (P6) and Microsoft Project planning software
* Adaptable in Planning approach, recognising the most appropriate form of Planning in each situation and being to implement unfamiliar processes.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
This UK assignment has been determined inside IR35 and is offered on a PAYE basis. UK candidates only
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.