- Posted 14 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Senior Planning Engineer
- Supervision, Mentoring and Assistance to the planning engineers and planning technicians
- Monitoring of the department output in line with known deadlines and effectively manage the team workload to achieve these.
- Monitoring of the department output from a quality perspective
- Development of Budget / Tender / Project schedules
- Interface with Client planning personnel in all relevant matters
- Development of Project Planning reporting packages for internal and external purposes
- Responsibility for Monitoring and Reporting of progress on UK projects and engineering studies
- Interface with key subcontractor personnel and ensure they are advised of (and provide) the correct level of reporting to meeting theprocedures / requirements.
- Responsibility for Maintaining comprehensive records of all projects planning related documentation, including as a minimum: Contract Control Schedules, Detailed Offshore schedules, As-Built schedules, As-Built analysis, Project Change registers, Peer reviews
- Develop and Update vessel Norms on a regular basis, including the identification and development of areas in Norms not previously considered.
- Maintain awareness of and inform the UKBU Operations Planning Engineer of all changes to project notification windows, project LDs and all other relevant planning information
- Issue project managers with project close out pro-formas to ensure feedback is received for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Provide support to the UKBU business planning function and associated initiatives / projects
- Provide support to the Corporate led initiatives
- Participation and Facilitation in the Competence programme
- Maintain awareness of industry tools / software development for assessment / investigation of use within UKBU
Qualifications/ experience required:
- Degree in and Engineering / Science Based subject
- Supervisory Skills / Experience of Mentoring
- Significant experience in planning
- Strong Planning competencies related to Oil and Gas
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.