Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Cost Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for control and monitoring of costs on a daily basis to ensure that all expenditure is captured and properly recorded. Costs cover all life cycle activities including operations, modifications, life extensions work, and decom/demob on an operating FPSO.
* Prepare the Monthly Forecast Cost report for the Asset, including liaising with the key stakeholders and ensuring integrity and completion of report in line with schedule and overall strategy.
* Work with and support the Asset Manager to provide analyses on historic data, benchmarks against technical scope, and other to enable constant visibility and optimization of Operations.
* Provide cost input to Commercial Manager for all Client related variation works and ensure adherence to yearly Budget process.
* Ensure that all costs related to Client Contract requirements are correctly identified and managed in line with work scope, and Client and corporate procedures.
* Work closely with Finance to provide required input for corporate reporting.
* Provide regular input and feedback to Estimating on all costs (OPEX and CAPEX) related to the Asset/Project.
* Provide support in the area of corporate cost control activities as directed by the Cost Control Manager.
* Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
* Manage and supervise project cost control personnel on larger projects as assigned
* Act as a mentor and resource for new employees, less experienced colleagues and consultants
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying
* Other relevant education and/or long relevant experience may replace formal education
* Relevant experience with engineering / construction / operations experience within the offshore industry, including specific focus on cost control
* Previous FPS O experience is an advantage
* International and multi-cultural experience is an advantage
* Team player with a proactive attitude
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
* Analytical organized with good attention to detail
* Able to deliver in a high pressure, fast-paced project/operations environment
* Able to deliver high quality work on time
* Able to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment
* Flexibility to work across time zones
* Understanding / experience with ERP systems (IFS) is an advantage
* Proficient in Excel
* Fluent in English (oral and written)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063767.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.