- Posted 07 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group are sourcing a Qualified Accountant (RTR) on behalf of our Multinational Biotechnology Client on an initial 18-month contract located in Cork.
General Job Requirements
Reporting to the RTR Lead, this position will be responsible for the General Ledger accounting and act as the primary Relationship Manager for one or more entities within the GFS. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a fundamental understanding of what it takes to operate within a multi-country RTR environment in a multi-national corporation. The candidate will ideally have at least 2-3 years business experience and will have held a RTR position in a similar organisation.
- The development of strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribution to the definition of service standards and continuous management of service partnership agreements.
- Contribution to the definition and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs) and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensures financial compliance with the worldwide Controller's manual and to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation, and resolution.
- Ensure financial records are compliant with GAAP. Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies and procedures including Worldwide Controller's manual.
- Interacts successfully with internal and external auditors and supports quarter-end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely and accurate data and communication.
- Evaluates processes and recommends and implements process improvements.
- Helps develop, maintain, and assess internal controls related to accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Interacts successfully with non-financial personnel as well as with internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP.
- A champion for the Global Financial Services philosophy and architecture for Finance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and diverse cultures and lead and develop a team.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences.
- Experience in a global finance function of a multi-location, multinational corporation.
- Ability to travel is necessary.
- Support the Statutory Accounting and VAT programs within the International GFS.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
- A professional accounting qualification from a recognized body (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA); preference for a background in a practice training environment.
- Either a BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent and 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle or equivalent is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Knowledge of general accounting policies and procedures and US GAAP as well as in depth knowledge of local European country statutory and tax reporting requirements.
- Experience operating in a Shared Service environment an advantage.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry also a plus.
- Experience of operating RTR processes in Shared Services in a multi-country corporate environment is a definite advantage.
- A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and delivering on the service commitments
- Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and working in a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged
- An effective team player, whose energy and well-developed communication skills make this person a persuasive leader, negotiator, and relationship builder.
- A clear, fast thinker, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a global organization in a multi-country
- The person sought will be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional major European language would be beneficial - French, German, Spanish or Italian.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.