- Posted 02 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNeil Grant
The People & OD Manager will need to be adept at identifying, understanding and communicating business needs and identifying solutions that support the organisation.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
*As a member of the People & OD management team, actively engage in organisational workforce planning, including working with managers to anticipate and resolve issues such as employee and skills shortages; identifying critical roles and skills without which important planned activity would be put at risk; developing succession planning or talent management programmes as appropriate, to ensure future skills/resource gaps are reduced.
*Lead the transactional People & OD function to deliver a timely and efficient advisory service, continually looking at ways to deliver more efficiently.
*Collect, analyse and interpret data in order to present recommendations to the business.
*Contribute to the development of a learning culture through active involvement in supporting the delivery of change requirements through effective learning and development, identifying skills gaps and developing appropriate strategies to close those gaps to support business transformation and cultural change. Create opportunities to encourage and facilitate flexible, open and reflective learning.
*As part of the People & OD Team continue to develop policy and guidance on workforce planning, resourcing and learning & development issues
*Undertake analysis and identify any risks to the organisation's capability and capacity in terms of its workforce, e.g. organisational learning needs assessment.
*Contribute to the development and continual improvement of any processes and systems that enable the capture of the short and long term resourcing needs and workforce requirements.
*Be aware of legislative changes which could impact on delivery of the both people and OD issues and ensure that plans are adapted as appropriate to reflect such changes.
*Seek to improve the leadership and management capabilities and capacity within the organisation by promoting benefits of such improvements, whilst also developing future leaders by creating the right organisational environment.
*Co-ordinate the management of budgets relevant to People & OD workstreams and projects and ensure that value for money is achieved.
* CIPD qualified or extensive operational experience at a senior level
* Knowledge and understanding of employment law
* Excellent management and team building skills in People & OD environment and the ability to coach and influence to achieve results.
* Ability to balance the competing and conflicting demands of the overall delivery with a strong attention to detail.
* Strong customer orientation with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
* Strong self-management and a team motivator.
* Ability to apply and analyse complex issues, interpret HR Management Information needs and make sound judgements.
* Comprehensive up-to-date knowledge of organisational and personal development strategies together with evidence of CPD.
* Experience of delivering complex projects with demanding timescales.
* Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office applications and other HR information systems effectively
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.