LNG Tank Engineer
- Posted 10 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameGary Chapman
We have a current opportunity for a LNG Tank Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan. Candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU. For further information about this position please apply.
This is a vacancy working directly for the owner/operator of a major capital LNG project. Candidates must have similar recent relevant experience.
The Storage Tanks & Vessels Engineer is responsible for the LNG tanks (atmospheric, low-pressure, pressurised and cryogenic tanks).
* Assure the Storage Tank & Vessels discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 1,000 technical documents.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Perform the review of Storage Tanks & Vessels detailed engineering works (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes.
* Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
* Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests.
* Perform the review of the control and report of the storage tanks & vessels prefabrication works in the Supplier/CTR facilities.
* Assist with the review of the other discipline deliverables and participate to HAZOPs.
* Work on all welding and NDT activities.
* Report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager any area of concern concerning quality or discipline progress.
* Perform the review of the control and report of the storage tanks & vessels construction at site.
* Ensure that storage tanks & vessels are commissioned and started up as per detailed engineering documentation and accordingly to Vendor recommendations. To provide support and search for Vendor assistance if needed.
* Ensure the quality and completeness of Package Equipment Final Documentation (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors):
o In compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures.
o Allowing an adequate hand-over to the Operation of the Subsidiary
* Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
* During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
* Ensure timely delivery, review, and approval of studies and documents under his responsibility to enable the procurement, fabrication, and Construction / Installation the packages / Equipment to progress and to site commissioning and start up.
* Work in the Storage Tanks & Vessels Engineering team in the overall Engineering organization.
* Work in the Storage Tanks & Vessels team during field activities.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred
* Proficient in English language.
* Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Expertise on design, prefabrication and construction on site of large atmospheric, low-pressure tanks (with fixed and floating roof), pressurised tanks and Full containment LNG tanks.
* Good overall knowledge of international codes and standards is essential including API standards with a focus on API STD 650, 625, 620, NFPA 59A, EN 14620 (all parts), ASME VIII Div 1&2 and ACI 376.
* Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.