- Posted 07 September 2022
- Salary Health, Dental, Vision provided by employer
- Contact NameTravis Weaver Liquid error: internal
Installation Engineer II - Controls (electrical)
The Company brings together the complementary skills and innovative technologies of Partner Company Technologies and Partner Company. Across subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface, we bring together the scope, know-how, and determination to transform our clients' project economics. Our culture of innovation drives us to challenge industry practices and establish new ones. It is how we think and how we act. It is how we will enhance the performance of the world's energy industry.
This position is a solid independent contributor able to complete more complex work without direct supervision. A Services Installation Engineer is a critical component to ensuring proper planning and execution of post-manufacturing services to our customers. A successful candidate will be eager to split time between the office and the field and enjoy working hands-on during assembly, pressure testing, and equipment installation alongside technicians while in the field. An Installation Engineer's primary responsibilities include but are not limited to Providing operational input to product design and development, technical planning for field support work to ensure job readiness, creation of technical documentation and procedures, execution of onshore and offshore field support, completion of project closeout reviews and documentation, direct customer interface, product, and system troubleshooting.
- Proactively participates in HSE initiatives, JSAs and risk assessments.
* Uses sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivering high quality work on-time.
* Prepares and presents technical data to internal and external customers. Troubleshoots hydraulic/electrical systems with field schematics.
* Reviews technical documentation related to engineering changes: ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specification/requirements
* Participates in design reviews and consults with other departments on designs and field related applications.
* Review design basis document and/or specifications for new product or tooling as needed.
* Provides technical support for onshore and offshore operations.
* Creates and Reviews clear technical instructions regarding refurbishment, installations, maintenance and/or repair of equipment following quality requirements.
* Enters engineering hours properly in SAP
* Has expert knowledge about safety aspects related to real-life environment of using/installing The Company equipment, at onsite and offsite locations.
* Participates in FMECA, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), and Hazard and Identification Study (HAZID).
* Leads group meetings and functions Recognizes new technologies, products and personal development opportunities.
* Familiar with and utilizes industry code requirements, quality requirements, and customer requirements.
* Uses the CAD and data base systems and generates layouts, analyzes designs, and evaluates equipment systems.
You are meant for this job if
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred.
* 2+ years of experience in the field supporting topsides and controls equipment installation and troubleshooting. This equipment includes but is not limited to: Subsea Communication Modules (SCMs), Subsea Power and Communication Units (SPCUs and SPCTUs), Electrical Power Unit (EPUs), Master Control Station (MCS), Electronic Test Unit (ETU), SmartTool 150 and 200e, and Hydraulic Power Units (HPUs).
* Embodies a customer-oriented attitude and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
* Ability to identify and make recommendations for system improvements.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving, systematically utilizing prevention skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail critical.
* Ability to establish deadlines and manage priorities for self.
* Negotiations related to multi-project or organizational impact.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach other employees.
* Ability to prepare and deliver proposals and reports to any audience.
* Possess strong PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
* Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC).
* Must be able to pass DOT physical requirements for offshore work.
* Must be able to complete Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET and/or BOSIET).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Spend 50% time in an office environment and 50% in an onshore/offshore field environment. A typical average of 120 days per year in the field can be expected, but this will vary depending on many factors including very fluid operator schedules. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking, and some lifting. Hands-on labor in the shop and/or field environment requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.
The majority of our Subsea Services customers who operate in the Gulf of Mexico have adopted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement to access their onshore and/or offshore field locations. Due to our customer requirements and our ability to ensure business continuity, COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this role effective January 1, 2022. The FDA has authorized Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson as acceptable vaccines. For employees fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If applicant is unvaccinated and selected for the role, the start date will not be set until confirmation of the final dose has been received.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.