- Posted 22 June 2022
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HSE Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure implementation and compliance of the HSE Management systems on the local assets & operations.
* Develop appropriate proactive objectives and ensures they are incorporated into, and managed to completion within, the company's Plan
* Ensure regulatory requirements are complied with, and issues managed, with respect to the assets, operations, and technical functions.
* Develop and actively participate in HSE audits, both internal and supporting external audits, including completion of regular offshore audits ensuring the frequency of visits reflect ongoing wells operations activities.
* Facilitate regulatory inspections where requested, ensuring corrective actions are adequately closed out so as to prevent reoccurrence.
* Interface with Drilling and Wells, Operations and Project Teams to ensure appropriate identification and mitigation of risks associated with activities
* Provide guidance and advice to the Drilling & Wells team concerning HSEQ procedures / programmes, hazard identification and promotional activities.
* Coach and support onshore and offshore personnel to assure that all HSE risks associated with Drilling & Wells Operations on site are adequately identified and addressed.
* Report on HSEQ metrics and support the management of the process to develop insights from HSEQ metrics analysis, self-verification and incident investigation findings.
* Advise on emerging risks and HSEQ improvement opportunities and provide direction to improve the HSEQ performance within Drilling and Wells.
* Support the Drilling and Wells team to develop and implement emergency response plans related to project / operations activity.
* Ensure industry operational HSE best practices and standards are followed/implemented, in conjunction with the relevant Technical Authorities and Business Process Owners.
* Support certification audits covering the company's Management System
* Monitor & facilitate management of assets, operations and technical functions' HSEQ performance, and their HSEQ plans and objectives.
* Appropriately select and manage contractor companies, taking account of HSEQ considerations.
* Assist with development & implementation of HSEQ competency management framework and training.
* Includes HSE culture programmes e.g. Safety leadership training and behavioral based safety
* Ensure all incidents & near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action taken and lessons learned.
* Work to ensure timely close out of all Synergi actions and ensure IMS documentation is maintained up to date.
* Ensure that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and GOIMS requirements.
* Support the Emergency Response Organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
* Support the wider HSEQ team as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Suitable and relevant HSE qualification(s) (e.g. NEBOSH). Relevant supporting technical/industry qualification(s) would be advantageous.
* Related experience in HSE roles supporting and managing offshore operations and with HSE Management Systems.
* Comprehensive understanding, good working knowledge of, and experience in implementing and complying with HSE related legislation (on & offshore), corporate, national & international standards, and industry best practices are essential.
* Offshore medical and survival/ MIST training certificates are necessary. Offshore visits as required (minimum one visit every 3 months).
* Strong HSEQ culture.
* Is an efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and deliver against deadline.
* Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055450.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.