- Posted 14 September 2022
- Salary £53353 - £61823 per annum + PAYE
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Head of Employee Experience & Development
Location - Stirling
Salary £53353 - £61823 p.a
Our client is looking to appoint an exceptional Head of Employee Experience & Development to lead and shape their approach to developing skills, engagement and enhancing the employee experience. This is a new role, working as part of the directorate's senior management team. A key focus of the role will be to lead and drive forward directorate and institutional objectives, translating strategy into action
You will be an agent for change, a dynamic and confident leader that is driven by impact and making a difference. You should have considerable experience leading the design and delivery of development initiatives and strategies that spark behaviour change and facilitate a great employee experience
You will provide professional support to and work collaboratively with senior leaders across faculties and professional services teams to identify creative and innovative approaches to employee experience, engagement and development.
- Lead and manage the Employee Experience and Development Team.
- Management of the employee experience and development budget and resources
- Lead the design and implementation of an institutional approach to leadership development including the development of a leadership framework and related development programmes that respond to business needs
- Lead the delivery of an institutional wide skills gap analysis in partnership with senior teams across faculties and professional services to define skills gaps and development needs
- Lead the design and delivery of an institution wide development programme informed by the skills gap analysis and prioritised by business need
- Manage the design and implementation of digital tools and technologies to assess organisation capability, culture and engagement that support the delivery of dynamic, responsive approaches
- Coach senior leaders and their teams, in partnership with Senior HR Business Partners, co-creating innovate solutions and interventions to employee development issues
- Contribute to the development of the People Strategy, leading aspects of its delivery, translating strategy into actions
- Contribute to the development of EDI strategies and lead aspects of delivery.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement of process, procedure, and policies to enable efficiency, effectiveness, and resilience
- Lead and oversee the engagement of external suppliers and related contract management
- Key contributor to strategic institutional projects that may include change, systems, continuous improvement
- Development of key working relationships within the directorate and across the University
- Contribute and collaborate with others as part of institutional project teams and committees
- Contribute to, and participate in, sectoral and other external bodies and networks
- Manage any other duties relevant to the role
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Substantial, senior OD/HR experience leading teams of professional staff.
- Significant learning and development knowledge and experience
- Experience of designing development programmes
- Experience of designing and implementing skills gap analysis
- Experience of designing and implementing leadership frameworks and related development programmes
- Experience of developing strategy and driving change through development activity
- Demonstrable effective communication and influencing skills at a senior level.
- Evidence of managing budgets
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.