- Posted 15 May 2022
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameNicole Whelan
Orion Group Life Sciences have an exciting opportunity for a Grants Coordinator for JSI for our Multinational Pharmaceutical client in Cork, Ireland on an initial 12-month contract.
An exciting opportunity producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new cancer treatments. This position will act as a Grants coordinator/Specialist to the site operations. The purpose of this position will be to take responsibility for and manage a caseload of grant programs. Along with managing overall grant efforts, documenting payments and expenditure, optimizing the grant administration process, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, reviewing grant proposals, managing grant databases, and preparing financial reports. Your skills and expertise in successful grants management will aid our organization in serving the public by securing continuous funding, improving business opportunities through effective funding programs, and executing meaningful projects.
- Co-ordinate and govern financial reviews of grants with business partners.
- Support all major financial forecasting cycles (Business Plan, Quarterly updates, and Long-Range Financial Plan).
- Work with business partners to gather necessary data and supporting documents for independent audit checks and validation procedures
- Maintains a flexible approach to address issues innovatively and proactively
- Provides the Business Development and Proposal teams with grant estimates for RFP development.
- Develop, enhance, and implement models to improve the financial reporting for grants.
- Responsible for communication of status of budget and contract with key internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner. Also responsible for the timely communication of issues to stakeholders that could impact grant timelines.
- Maintains an electronic system for filing executed agreements and relevant correspondence for prompt retrieval and tracking relevant dates.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A minimum or 5 years finance experience / have a strong financial acumen.
- Must have demonstrated ability in negotiation skills, financial management skills and effective communication and relationship management abilities.
- High level of project management, administrative and organizational ability (including capacity to contribute to budget planning, procurement and other financial aspects associated with the operation of the IDA Grants Office) particularly in relation to the management and negotiations.
- Experience handling multiple grants simultaneously and ability to take ownership of assigned grants and to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Motivated to work in a constantly changing environment, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and flexibility.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel, SharePoint, and email, Knowledge of Grant preparations.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the funding environment particularly in the areas of proposal development and post claim support and management.
- Results driven with a strong ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Accuracy with attention to detail, proven track record in financial business environment.
- Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to build effective business relationships
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.