- Posted 18 April 2022
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Business Support - L&D & North Sea Business Unit, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide efficient administration Business support to your specific function/departments as required
* Always provide confidential administrative support
* Attend regular Function meetings and support members of the wider Business Support team when required and work closely together to ensure that appropriate support is in place across the Business and delivery needs are met.
* Collate/Coordinate all documentation, reports, presentations to a high standard and accurate prior to issue in support to your specific function/department
* Organise and coordinate meetings, including sending invitations, preparation of agendas and pre-read material in advance. Book meeting rooms, support setting up of virtual meetings or teleconferences, minute-taking and issue of actions accordingly
* Booking travel, accommodation and offsite meetings/events in accordance to the Business Travel and Expense Procedure. All costs and travel must be recorded.
* Act as a focal point to support the function/departments with time-writing, expenses and all other administration queries
* Ability to raise purchase requests in Maximo/SAP, raise and reconcile expenses accurately and support with other finance activities as required
* Work in conjunction with the Business Support team to coordinate all PPE orders, stationery orders and ensure sufficient stock levels are in place and recorded
* Coordinate and ensure that all new arrivals and departing staff are properly on-boarded/off-boarded. Work closely with other functions to ensure that all appropriate equipment, desk management are in place to support your functions and accurately recorded all internal moves.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Demonstrable previous experience in similar role within UK oil and gas sector preferred
* Proficient working with Microsoft Packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook. Knowledge level dependent on specific role
* Should be performance focussed with commercial mind-set, agility and a focus on delivery and performance
* Must have the highest level of ethics, good judgment and common sense
* Must thrive in challenging situations but can maintain a positive, pro-active attitude
* Willing to lead, integrate across functions and problem solve
* Confident in engagement with senior management
* Solid communication and relationship building skills with ability to form strong and trusting working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054094.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.