- Posted 12 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Wellsite Engineer, based Aberdeen.
* Actively particulate in rig safety systems, demonstrating safety leadership and setting exemplary safety and environmental standards.
* Fully engage in rig operations as an active member of the company offshore team.
* Communicate effectively with other company team members, the rig crew and all service company personnel.
* Provide engineering support to Lead Drilling Supervisor to help ensure that offshore operations are correctly planned and successfully carried out as per the issued programme.
* Prioritise well specific tasks and training opportunities, attributing the necessary time to both.
* Promote a performance culture where planning and learning from past experiences are important.
* Complete all required reports punctually and with a high focus on quality of data.
* Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
* Complete all tasks timely and to a high quality.
* Prepare detailed end of hitch and handover reports to ensure smooth transition between WSEs.
* Co-ordinate and act as focal point for a rig-based lessons learned system to encourage and capture opportunities and document areas for improvement for sharing with the onshore team.
* Encourage effective, open communications at the rig site, promoting a culture of involvement and participation.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar
* Offshore survival
* Extensive offshore experience
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054030.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.