- Posted 30 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Wellsite Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Fully engage in rig operations as an active member of the offshore supervisory team.
* Provide engineering support to Lead Drilling Supervisor to help ensure that offshore operations are correctly planned and successfully carried out as per the issued programme.
* Assist in supervision of offshore operations - ensuring a presence during key tasks Assist in planning of logistics - compiling deck plans and working alongside the materials Coordinator.
* Compilation of operational documentation and reports and well records Promote a performance culture where planning and learning from past experiences are important. Duties to include.
o Facilitating pre-job planning meetings and post-job wash up meetings
o Compilation of lessons learned - focal point for same and ensure these are documented to a high standard.
o Compilation of after-action review documents
o Chairing weekly after action reviews between offshore and onshore teams, discussing successes, setbacks, lessons learned and outlining forward planning.
* Complete all required reports punctually and with a high focus on quality of data.
* Complete assigned onshore projects in a timely manner and to a high standard.
* Prepare detailed end of hitch and handover reports to ensure smooth transition between WSDEs.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Engineering or science degree
* Offshore certification
* Minimum IWCF Level 3 well control certificate
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062576.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.