We have an unique opportunity for a Wells Supervisor - office based that combines jack-up rig intake (office based) followed by supervising the P&A of a single subsea well in SNS-NL (offshore). For further information about this position please apply.
The P&A execution is scheduled for Q4 2024 and expected to take around 4-6 weeks by taking over the rig from another operator. The incumbent will, together with the Lead Well Engineer and other Wells Engineer/Supervisor, form the team to coordinate the rig intake and deliver this P&A activity.
The first and largest part of this assignment will be office based to coordinate the rig intake in line with Work Unit Intake Process (WUIP), working together with Global Rig Start-up Team (GRST), specialist disciplines and contractors. This includes supporting the contract set-up/award and bridging document. Field visits to the rig and/or contractor offices/bases is expected to be part of this assignment, as well as supporting the maturation of the P&A design/planning with focus at safe and efficient execution.
After the rig has been successfully brought in the incumbent moves into a supervisory role onboard the rig to supervise P&A operations, working back-to-back with the other Wells Engineer/Supervisor from the team.
The P&A scope includes:
- Handling risers
- Bridge plugs and perforations
- Cutting and retrieving tubular
- Coiled Tubing
- Retrieving subsea vertical XMT (SVXT)
- Wellhead Protective Structure (WPS) and wellhead housing.
After the P&A operation is delivered the project will be filed and learnings fed back into the organization by means of an After Action Review (AAR) after which this assignment comes to an end.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Rig intake - responsible to take all required steps/actions to ensure the rig meets requirements and is ready to safely start operations in Q4 2024, including supporting/developing an integrated execution team within, rig contractor, contractors and 3rd parties as applicable.
- Project Execution - Responsible for planning, logistics, supervision, and documentation of the execution of P&A activities. Works closely with the team to make well work decisions/recommendations including selection and optimization of services; materials; fluid systems; operational techniques, operational efficiencies, cost tracking, and management of project risks. Provide input on well program, including details around HSSE, well control, equipment, contractors, etc.
- HSSE - Responsible for ensuring HSSE is integrated in the procedure and execution of P&A operations.
- Cost and Time Tracking - Lead well costs tracking and job timing during execution, including differentiating trouble costs/time from expected costs/time.
- Communication - Responsible for maintaining communication and leading by example in ensuring integration with production operations and other support departments.
Dimensions: Technical Authority: No, Frontline Barrier Manager: Yes, Number of rigs/work units: 1 jack-up rig (offshore), Location: office based with remote working possibilities, during execution rig based (offshore), Well Environment: Shallow water, NL sector, High regulatory requirements: Yes, NL-SODM, H2S: No
Skills & Competency Requirements:
- Wells Round II Certification/Diploma required, open to both CWI/WE discipline. Alternatively the trade-test can be taken to demonstrate Round II competence.
- IWCF L4
- In possession of a valid NOGEPA offshore medical certificate with a statement to undertake in water Ca-EBS training
- BOSIET or NOGPA 0.5B/OPITO 5850
- Proven experience in WE and/or CWI with a track record in work-unit intake, well design, planning and execution delivery. Experience with P&A work and subsea equipment (Vetco SG1 wellhead, CH4 connector, SVXT) is seen as beneficial.
- Strong Stakeholder integration and influencing skills.
- Good communicator and ability to work independently and efficiently across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong Diversity and Inclusions values and skills.
We are looking for candidates currently living in The Netherlands.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the application button. For more information please contact Sharina Tedjaemail@example.com|06-12220369
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.