Wells Plug & Abandonment Engineer
- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Wells Plug & Abandonment Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Assist the team in the long-term planning of well abandonment campaigns and ensure planning is optimised to achieve the abandonment objectives within time and budget.
* Collaborate with both Function and Asset in the preparation of Well Statement of Requirements.
* Design and prepare well abandonments in accordance with UK Oil & Gas Regulations and Company Rules.
* Ensure operational risks are assessed and necessary prevention and mitigation measures are implemented, and that contingencies have been evaluated and implemented.
* Maintain knowledge of existing and new suppliers and new technology to optimise well abandonment and reduce cost.
* Prepare AFE/DSA and long-term well P&A forecasts in a timely manner to meet the project schedule and objectives of the asset, as required.
* Provide the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to abandonment campaigns and assist the negotiation of related contracts required for the asset team.
* Assist in the preparation of operational programmes, WONS/HSE permits/notifications and procedures (including SIMOPS fand Bridging documents) in a timely manner to meet the project schedules, as required.
* Prepare Management of Change, End Of Well Reports, ensuring Lessons Learned are captured, and information is effectively exchanged between teams and 3rd parties as appropriate.
* Assist the Abandonment Superintendent in the operations follow-up of abandonment campaigns and demonstrate management commitment to safety.
* Assist in implementing engineering work plans, supporting live engineering support to operations.
* Assist in the management of contracts (operational cost) effectively with a view to optimising value and to take decisions with respect to the asset's objectives.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum Engineering, or related discipline/equivalent.
* Significant experience in oil industry drilling, completion or well intervention operations.
* Experience in subsea well operations is preferred.
* Reasonable understanding of geology and reservoir subjects.
* Good organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment.
* IT skills and committed to developing skills and experience in technical discipline i.e., well integrity, completions, well architecture etc.
* Well-developed knowledge of contractual/legal/terms & conditions/insurance issues.
* Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
* IWCF Well Control Level 4 preferred.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066590.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.