- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Wells Onshore Materials Management Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Deliver material management support to drilling operations;
* In relation to material supply, the co-ordination and liaison focal point between onshore
Engineering team and offshore Drilling Materials Controller, external suppliers and warehousing
providers to ensure timely delivery of materials to meet drilling schedules.
Provide details of materials / equipment required to Asco (logistics supplier) for it to arrange transport for collection and delivery to quayside. Co-ordinate with Asco Freight Management and/ or NHV for any urgent air freight requirements;
* Provide real-time information (including that from the company ERP system) on inventory material availability to key stakeholders;
* Resolve queries in relation to material status, supply and / or availability and any perform any
required company ERP system interrogation;
* Perform all materials management processes within SAP for the drilling operations, these
processes to be undertaken in advance of any materials being physically moved (either between
sites or transportation offshore (including any backloads returned onshore);
* Engagement with QA / QC team to ensure inspections are completely in a timely manner on
equipment identified per the Request For Material form (as per the QA/ QC Inspection Matrix);
* Input into the preparation of Load Lists for each vessel saihng with information provided by
Offshore DMC and onshore Wells Engineering team, once complete the Load List is issued to
Company's Logistics team and Asco for actioning;
* Input into the preparation (where necessary) of the 7 day' look ahead for drilling operations, which
is updated on a daily basis and issued by the Offshore Drilling Materials Coordinator;
Identification of any requirements for marine vessels to support operations -- PSV (term and spot
hires), Standby Vessels and Anchor Handling Vessels. These requirements to be passed to
company's Logistics and SCM team for engagement with the assigned vessel Broker. Once vessel
offers have been received from Owners and reviewed etc by Company's Logistics and SCM team the
selected vessel details will be shared with Materials Management Specialist for endorsement;
* Creation of Material Masters Requests for Wells equipment (where required, the MM is created In
SAP by the SCM team based on the information in the request), creation of requisitions for all
Materials purchases for Wells in e-procurement system (SAP or Neptune) (ensuring the
necessary processes have been completed), collation of all documentation for the material
requisition and submission of the same to SCM. Raise any Repair Orders that are required for
Wells Equipment (note that relevant approvals to be obtained before any Repair Order is issued
* Support the resolution of any discrepancies identified during inventory counts on Wells Materials,
the inventory count will be carried out by another member of the SCM Materials Management
* OCTG Materials planning for all wells operations, including engagement with suppliers and Wells
Engineering term to ensure timely procurement of long lead items and coordinate the preparation
with the suppliers of all OCTG materials;
* Preparation of Well Reconciliation within (60] days of completion of drilling and completion
operations on the Well and I or campaign (as applicable) and issue the completed Well Reconciliation to the business for review I approval as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Siginifcant in materials and inventory management -- (preferably in oil and gas industry in a
* Wells/ Drilling environment).
* Strong system knowledge and experience -- SAP MM Module and Microsoft Office (specifically MS Excel).
* Strong organisation skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities across a diverse set of responsibilities
with multiple stakeholders
* Team player with excellent communication skills, ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders both
internal and external.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055416.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.