Due to continued growth, our Client has a vacancy for a time-served Welder/Fabricator based in Banffshire. This will be on either a long-term contract or staff basis.
Reporting to the Fabrication Chargehand, the Fabricator Welder will play a key role in the smooth running of production; working efficiently and competently to ensure that tasks are completed as per the company Work in Progress (WIP) List.
The post holder will ensure products are manufactured efficiently and ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety guidelines.
- Set up, lay out and tack up various weldments within tolerances stated in production drawings.
- To undertake MIG, Flux core welding according to production drawing.
- Carry out cosmetic finishes as required.
- To work in accordance with instructions and approved codes of practice.
- Safe operation of machinery, hand tools, lifting equipment and ensure job materials and equipment are correctly used.
- Raise requisition for consumable items and any other shortfall materials.
- Communicate with other department within operations.
- HSEQ - compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations, and the company's management system.
- Develop strong working relations with key stake-holders - clients, colleagues etc.
Required skills / knowledge:
- Time served/significant experience of undertaking the welder role
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- The ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- The ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organisation.
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to read, understand and disseminate technical drawings and converse with the technical requirements of the task in hand.
Potential candidates will be invited onsite to perform a weld test and should be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret an engineering drawing at the interview stage
Accommodation can also be provided for the right candidate.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.