Orion Partner Plus are delighted to have been retained by a global manufactur in Nonwoven materials.
Located in the state of Hesse, Germany - We are looking to onboard an experienced Technical Manager, who has Wetlaid technology experience.
Not only does this position offer attractive company benefits and an opportunity to work with a household name in the Global Nonwoven Industry, it has an highly acheiveable succession to Director. For further information about this position please apply.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Wet Laid Technology. Additionally, this position will take over site leader position for the German facility RD team. It will enable both regional and global alignment with the commercial team. Develops talent and evaluates performance of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage technology projects to ensure team, division and corporate objectives are met.
- Work with Divisions to prioritize projects with main focus on company initiatives identified through the Long Range Planning (LRP) process.
- Allocate technical resources to the approved project based on expertise and experience.
- Manage personnel resources including trial/travel budgets to support product development and customer interactions.
- Work with the Divisions to determine project scope and timeline.
- Manage multiple global projects simultaneously and make trade-offs between programs.
- Oversee the execution of the project.
- Provide project updates to upper management and the Divisions at monthly review.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or higher in Science or Business.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in R&D management.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Understanding of nonwoven process and/or filtration technologies.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions.
Ability to manage international scientist team from remote location
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.