Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Manager - Forecasting and Planning, based in Aberdeen or London.
* Provision of UK tax advice as required to support the business on a portfolio of assets.
* Corporate oversight and assurance on tax affairs managed in the company's international Business Units.
* Management of the group's tax forecasting and budgeting.
* Management of payment of UK corporate tax instalments.
* Responsibility for ensuring adequate procedures and documentation in place to comply with the Group's transfer pricing obligations across all jurisdictions.
* Review and input into UK corporate tax computations as required ahead of submission to HMRC.
* Ensuring that adequate processes, procedures and controls are in place across the tax department and that these are suitably documented.
* Ensuring that the financing position of the group is optimised for tax purposes.
* Supporting the VP - Tax on the company's Tax Strategy and Tax Governance.
* Representation and lobbying on behalf of the company through the BRINDEX committee.
* Provision of transaction structuring support and due diligence support for International new business opportunities as required.
* Collaboratively working with the other Tax Leads to ensure that the company's overall tax position is optimised.
* Line management responsibility.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Accounting degree or law degree or equivalent.
* Qualified Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor.
* A high level of knowledge of the UK upstream tax code.
* Detailed practical experience of upstream tax implications of acquisitions and divestment (A&D) activity.
* Experience of advising on, and executing, complex transactions.
* Experience in reviewing earnings data for upstream activity, identifying issues, and framing an appropriate control and risk management environment.
* A high level of experience in tax compliance
* Experience in negotiating complex tax issues with tax authorities
* Working knowledge of general corporate law and its application.
* Able to correctly and competently handle complex tax matters of high value, and able to delegate complex advice.
* Strong commitment to technical excellence and driven to get advice correct.
* Ability to clearly articulate complex tax matters to a range of internal and external audiences.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* High commercial awareness of value drivers, where required, a skilled negotiator.
* Desire to develop people and provide active leadership on difficult or contentious matters.
* Financial numeracy/literacy a pre-requisite.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070265.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.