- Posted 17 June 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Subsurface Data Technologist, based in Aberdeen.
* Track and update the status of the various company Licences
* Collect and input data for the annual NSTA Stewardship submissions
* Ensure upload of NDR data within time limits set by the NSTA
* Coordinate physical data disposals e.g. core
* Support infrastructure bi-annual reporting
* Manage loading, quality control, migration and storage of Subsurface and Production data
* Awareness of software and application updates and coordinate installation
* Deputise for Information and Samples Coordinator as required
* Manage ad-hoc requests for data management from subsurface staff.
* Ensure efficient data migration between disciplines and applications.
* Liaise with external contractors to manage external storage of subsurface data.
* Liaise with Information Technology to manage online data storage.
* Liaise with Information Technology to manage the archival and restoration of subsurface data as required.
* Work with Discipline Leads to design, develop and implement subsurface data management processes and standards.
* Coordinate with and support IT and vendors to ensure efficient progress on data management projects
Experience & Qualifications:
* Science degree or equivalent industry experience
* Geoscience degree
* Subsurface and Production technical documentation/information management experience within the oil and gas industry.
* Proven ability to demonstrate problem solving abilities for both process and technical issues.
* Proven expertise in data management and MS Office applications
* Proven ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative
* Experience within an Operator environment
* Experience with data management software applications. Training to be provided where appropriate
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: CR/054746.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.