Senior Wells Engineer Drilling (Onshore)
- Posted 21 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Wells Engineer Operations (Drilling), based in Aberdeen.
* Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding continuous improvement methodology as the way of working
* Responsible for the planning, and supervision of drilling, with the full integration of the relevant asset teams.
* Preparation of detailed cost and time estimates, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, well handover to asset and developing subsequent improvement plans.
* HSSE -- Integrate HSSE in the design, programming, and execution. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles. Actively support the company's HSE initiatives/programme offshore.
* Regulatory- ensure all Well Notifications, Combined Operations Notifications, Regulatory Permits, etc are all in place and correct prior to commencement of operations.
* Mentor junior staff in all aspects of Well design and operations, and in interaction with other asset teams.
* Support and foster relationships with other asset teams including subsurface, production, facilities, and construction. Support engagements with JV partners where applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence.
* Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future variances, etc. as needed.
* Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
* Provide routine and emergency technical input and support for all well related activities, both in the office and at the work site as required.
* Co-ordinate and manage logistics to ensure operations are conducted safely, on time and in accordance with execution programmes.
* Supervise and ensure Drilling programmes are executed safely and efficiently and that all company policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
* Ensure deviations from execution programmes are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorization.
* Ensure adherence to change control procedures in the event of programme amendments.
* Ensure accurate reporting of all Drilling activities into the approved reporting medium.
* Implement accurate cost monitoring of all Drilling activities both in the office and on the well site.
* Integrate and liaise with other disciplines to ensure efficient and effective execution of Drilling work programmes.
* Ensure all lessons learned are captured and shared from execution of Drilling in line with the company's Well Delivery Process.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Have a proven track record in well execution delivery.
* A demonstrable experience in shallow water offshore drilling, supervising operations.
* Degree qualified in relevant engineering or science degree.
* Valid IWCF Level 4
* Employment will be subject to passing a company Wells 'Trade Test' (The company's Round 2 exam equivalent)
* Have experience integrating technical and business activities on multi-discipline projects.
* Demonstrated leadership capability including integrative leadership experiences including influencing without authority
* Be responsible for own development and will execute a personal development plan agreed with the Well Ops Team Leader.
* Skilled in presentation and communications.
* Proponent of strong cost management and control.
* Has a deep understanding of commercial implications of emerging ways of working, techniques and technologies.
* Able to benchmark on local and global scale.
* Demonstrated ability to influence across organisational boundaries to effectively implement new ways of working, both within Wells and across multi-disciplinary teams
* Highly developed stakeholder integration and influencing skills. Proven ability to build relationships effectively and to deliver across global teams, multiple disciplines and both internal and external stakeholders.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065611.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.