Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Wells Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Seeking candidates with Southern North Sea and Zechstien drilling experience.
* The Well Engineer is responsible for the well design aspects of well delivery, in particular relating to drilling. The Well Engineer will deliver assured detailed designs and programs to the Line of Business, incorporating local/regional and activity specific requirements. As the primary interface with the asset/venture team, the role requires close integration to ensure functional requirements are met and efficiencies are identified and realized.
* The engineer will continue to support the Well Delivery Team through the execution phase by transitioning into the operations team, ensuring risks are carried into execution and learnings are captured. The Engineer will ensure that Well Delivery processes under their remit follow appropriate company standards and that required assurance is in place.
* The Well Engineer will be responsible for ensuring high quality detailed design work that can be efficiently executed in line with project value drivers. The Well Engineer will be required to work with service providers and other key external stakeholders.
* The Well Engineer will drive improvement opportunities including the application of Technology. They will utilize available digitalization technologies to facilitate efficient workflow through the detailed design phase.
* The Well Engineer reports to the Well Engineering Team Lead.
* Responsible for the well planning and design requirements for the preparation of the Basis of Well Design, including casing design and risk management.
* Organising and leading Well Design reviews.
* Preparation of drilling programs and regulatory permits.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant experience as a Well Engineer.
* Well design experience for the planning of offshore drilling operations (subsea and jack-up), preferably with recent UK experience.
* Significant experience in Well Engineering with a proven track record in well design, planning and execution delivery.
* Strong stakeholder integration and influencing skills. Proven ability to build relationships effectively and to deliver across teams and multiple disciplines.
* Ability to deliver high-quality complex projects.
* Southern North Sea and Zechstien drilling.
* Offshore operational experience is an advantage (site supervisor or equivalent).
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069289.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.