Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Production Technologist, based in Aberdeen.
* Support Subsurface Leads and Asset Managers effectively challenge and influence technical recommendations within the ventures - Best Available Technology for well development options, lifecycle conceptual completion designs, flow assurance strategies, well start-up and unloading plans
* Support front-end delivery for capital projects - ensuring risks are identified and appropriately managed, leveraging operator delivery and supporting "Decision Quality", where necessary - QC lifecycle completion design load cases, verify completion methodology against requirements for fit for purpose abandonment, highlight any lifecycle requirements for completion design, inflow and outflow enhancement based on the predicted lifecycle well operating conditions including contaminant range
* Support production performance - Daily well performance, integrity risk management to promote safe and optimum well production, facility surveillance support, and provide partner support as required for deep dives (e.g. water injection conformance, hydraulic stimulation)
* Play key role in defining and delivering holistic partner influencing strategy to shape preferred outcomes with operator and/or drive operator performance in safety, reliability, and cost reduction -Influence well & reservoir surveillance strategy, regularly assess well integrity performance against the company's Well Integrity Management System and highlight any gaps for improvement
* Discipline owner for Production Technology in JVUK - focal point for discipline support services, partner relationship owner, primary influencer, and technical integrator in the Production Technology domain. Able to pull on and leverage technical expertise available within the company.
* Support credible production forecasts and business planning (short, mid, and long term) that integrate subsurface technical, threats and opportunities, with insights sourced from in-house analysis, benchmarking and assumptions informed through effective engagement with the operator and venture partners, and in collaboration with the subsurface team leads and asset operations managers.
* Undertake in-house technical analysis to support Decision Quality for internal investment decisions
* Play a visible role in the Production Technology community of the company and support knowledge sharing and discipline improvement initiatives alongside the Production Technology Discipline Lead.
* Support critical well intervention activities. Ensure key operational data is correctly recorded and made available to key stakeholders
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in delivering front-end Hydrocarbon Maturation projects
* Proficiency in use of common Petroleum Engineering software (PETEX suite, OLGA, PackPro, etc)
* Knowledge (or skill) in production chemistry and flow assurance is advantageous along with understanding the interfaces between subsurface and subsea/facilities is a prerequisite
* Knowledge or skill in designing and executing hydraulic stimulation is advantageous
* Ability to coach and develop others, translate strategy / intent into daily work, and support staff.
* Willing to lead, integrate across functions and problem solve, whilst being pro-active in delegation & promoting frontline decision making.
* Familiarity with elements and assessment of Decision Quality to support investment decisions
* Commercial mindset - Experience in contributing to investment proposals
* Continuous improvement mindset and track record - doing things differently (simplified, efficient worked practices) and learning from others.
* A University Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
* Significant experience in Production Technology across projects and wells operations support
* Extensive experience and knowledge of well integrity practices/ requirements
* Demonstrated robust understanding of the multi-disciplinary aspects of the Upstream Exploration and Development business, with a track record of integrating Production Technology with other disciplines.
* The ability to build suitable engagement plans, deploying a range of approaches/styles.
* A results driven mindset, whilst maintaining an open-minded and flexible approach in delivering the performance outcome
* A commercial mind-set, coupled with the ability to take responsibility in an empowered organization.
* Willing to proactively lead, integrate across functions and problem solve.
* Strong partnering and influencing skills, have a learner mindset and be culturally sensitive
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066674.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.