Senior Methods and Inspection Engineer
- Posted 17 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Methods and Inspection Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Must be eligible to work in the UK, with recent North Sea experience and have detailed knowledge of the relevant industry legislation/regulations
* Provide TS/AS with specialist Fame+ Neo Risk Based Assessment (RBA) technical support and governance. Ensure Asset Teams comply to the highest safety standards, provide a timely response to queries and ensure minimal disruption to operations where applicable. This includes RBA support and monitoring the execution of RBA programs across all Asset Teams
* Provide Risk Based Assessment (RBA) expertise to the TS/AS team and support the review and update of Risk Based Assessments (RBA's) as and when required. This will include a periodic audit of MDCRs related to inspection frequency changes
* Acts as Fame+ Neo (Total RBA Tool) UK based expert user. Set and maintain competency levels for all Inspection personnel including upskilling requirements that new technology will require as well as recommending and defining specialist training to enhance competency.
* Support the update of all relevant documentation (L2 Procedures) and ensure that procedures are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request; Undertaking compliance audit program on L2 procedures to ensure the company adheres to Company procedures
* Conduct planned or ad-hoc technical surveys and/or audits on Sites and at Vendor locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions, undertaking in-depth analysis/studies of problems and recommend longer-term solutions and/or options and make recommendations to line management for approval, including cross asset learnings.
* Provide TS/AS with Ad-Hoc inspection support as required
* Support Inspection Leader in developing and maintain Asset Inspection strategies and ensure that the company has the technology, programs, and practices in place to deliver on those strategies covering the inspection and integrity of plant/equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets Group, Regulatory and Legal requirements including verification and compliance requirements.
* Identify opportunities for technology development and deployment, implementing and managing programs as appropriate to deploy technology to improve operational efficiencies.
* Support company digitalization programs, advising on integration of new Inspection technologies to ensure the company capitalises new ways of working.
* Develop positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, and improve the quality of services/products supplied, undertaking vendor competency levels across Asset teams
* Supports development of technical Scopes of Work, assisting Call For Tender(s) in conjunction with Contract and Procurement DUET to ensure newly awarded or renewed strategic inspection contracts provide optimum value for the company
* Ensure that all maintenance engineering activities are engineered and implemented in accordance with Company and Regulatory HSE provisions, participating in/contributing to safety studies/HAZOPS, as appropriate
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a technical discipline as a minimum.
* Minimum experience in an Inspection Engineering role with oil & gas experience including offshore/ site
* Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to scope.
* Detailed working knowledge of objectives and strategies deployed in relevant company systems
* Recognised level of expertise in Inspection discipline including RBI processes
* Proven prioritisation and planning skills including CMMS (SAP or equivalent)
* Detailed understanding of each of the company's Asset / Site and how the overall business operates.
* Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written - with the ability to present complex technical aspects clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization.
* Results focused, with the ability to drive and lead change
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065941.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.