Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Lawyer, based in Aberdeen.
* Carry out the activities of the job.
* Be responsible for meeting agreed objectives.
* Act in the best interest of the company at all times
* Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job.
* Proactively seek advice from and consult with senior lawyers in the team.
* Always adhere to the values and principles of the company's Code of Conduct.
* Openly question established practices and achieve continuous quality and commercial improvements.
* Willingly and openly share knowledge and good practice, providing legal support to all the company's Group entities operating in the United Kingdom within the remit of the company.
* Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and share with other members of the team in a structured manner, for example, by presenting at team meetings and/or preparing briefing notes.
* Develop value awareness and think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
* Adapt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving by initiating proposals for improvement Under the supervision of a senior lawyer in the team or, when considered appropriate by the General Counsel
* Carry out research, provide summaries and analysis of legal issues required and/or instruct external counsel to carry out this work when deemed appropriate by the General Counsel
* Provide legal advice on a portfolio of matters, some of which may be handled over some months, to ensure that all matters are handled professionally and successfully.
* Maintain a professional awareness of Legal developments relevant to the industry and with internal compliance requirements.
* As requested by the General Counsel, assist in the discharge of the company secretarial function of the Legal Department, preparing documents for the signature of the company's Managing Director, together with appropriate explanation (e.g. summaries of documents) in support the Company Secretary
Experience & Qualifications:
* Law degree in a recognized jurisdiction
* Fully qualified lawyer in a recognized jurisdiction
* Experience, including practicing at a senior level as a commercial lawyer, gained in private practice or industry, preferably relevant experience of legal practice as an upstream oil and gas lawyer.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070182.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.