- Posted 13 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Facilities Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide engineering services in the area of Facilities Engineering, including cost projection, approval for expenditure and budgetary control.
* Provide Facilities Engineering input into existing and new Assets ensuring both design and operational requirements are complied with and are maintained and upgraded as necessary.
* Formulate and develop conceptual Facilities engineering designs into functional scopes of work for new and existing Assets in an effective and economical manner
* Work closely together with other company's key functions such as SHE, Operations, Maintenance, Integrity, Production, Drilling and Developments to ensure all interfaces are appropriately managed.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with statutory and client requirements.
* Management of engineering, construction, fabric maintenance and third party / vendor support personnel.
* Provide functional guidance to company's engineering contractors and other subcontractors on engineering, design, installation, testing and commissioning activities, to ensure that work performed is of a quality to meet company standards and is produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Provide specialist technical expertise and act as focal point for ensuring the safest and most cost-effective methods of Facilities Project installation, whilst minimising any loss of production revenue through innovative techniques, procedures and equipment.
* Develop, maintain and distribute company's standards and specifications utilised within facilities engineering to ensure the quality of work carried out by the company and pertinent contractors is consistent in satisfying Corporate and Legislative requirements and incorporates the benefits of new technology.
* Assist company's support functions to ensure that Facilities actions are completed in a timely manner e.g., close out of Synergi, Threat Log, ICP and Audit actions
* Close interface company's finance department, being familiar with approval for expenditure procedures, financial and cost commitment projections.
* Anticipate future Modification requirements on existing Assets, prepare engineering cost forecast to support annual budget process and life of field planning.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work both on own initiative at times but also be a team-player, sharing ideas with other multi-disciplinary team members
* Self-motivated with a 'can-do' attitude
* Takes actions which are consistent with company's core values and mission statement.
* Previous experience in a similar position is essential
* Formal qualification in a related discipline
* Previous demonstrable experience and a technical knowledge in multi-disciplines
* Valid offshore survival certificate and medical
* Appropriate project management experience and proven knowledge to read and interpret critical engineering drawings, P&ID's and cause and effects
* Ability to identify, investigate, audit and control technical change (within limit of discipline knowledge)
* Proven offshore design/engineering experience.
* Management of engineering, construction and ad hoc subcontract support personnel.
* Proficiency in MS Office is essential
* Excellent ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team
* Ability to work flexibly and to be able to determine appropriate priorities
* Excellent ability to overcome problems
* Ability to seek appropriate person to answer particular questions
* Excellent standard in the presentation and delivery of work
* Must be able to match accuracy to time constraints
* Willing to work hard to meet deadlines without close supervision
* Exemplary timekeeping required
* Proficient understanding and interpretation of Company's mission
* Demonstrate integrity in all aspects of the job
* Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to give and receive concise verbal instructions
* Proficiency in Maximo Maintenance Management System
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062193.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.