- Posted 11 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Economist, based in Aberdeen.
* Collate data, prepare economic models with supporting documentation and provide variance analysis as part of the life of field production and development asset valuation process. Interface with finance requirements for annual report.
* Ensure the life of field economic spreadsheet models are maintained and are accurate and auditable for production and development phase assets.
* Ensure preparation / prepare life of field models in the company's economic software.
* Oversee preparation of Development economics for screening and project decision gates.
* Assist commercial staff in developing commercial solutions/ negotiating positions Participate in the Economic peer review process as requested.
* Support the Exploration function by delivering economic analysis that supports the investment decision for exploration and appraisal activities.
* Prepare collated business unit figures for strategy /planning as required.
* Support A&D evaluation work on an ad-hoc/ as required basis.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in a technical, financial, or other relevant discipline / experience
* Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
* Ideally, a comprehensive mix of technical knowledge, business and commercial awareness, and management and analytical skills
* A proven track record of providing economic analysis using techniques and software common to the industry
* Advanced Excel skills
* PEEP experience desirable but not essential
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/053973.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.