- Posted 01 August 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Hold a risk identification session, and record all risks identified throughout the Well Delivery Process in a risk register.
* Ensure that the risk register is reviewed on a regular basis during both the well planning and
* Ensure that all casing and well designs comply with company's policies and standards.
* When designs deviate from company's policies and standards, ensure that all Variances (Dispensations) are issued and approved at the appropriate level.
* Provide guidance to the Service Companies on their input required to the Well Delivery Process, and the standard of work expected by the company.
* Provide time and cost input data to the Finance Department for long lead equipment and well AFEs.
* Ensure that the Finance Department and Well Owner are supplied with the AFE input data in sufficient
time to obtain company's and partner approval.
* Assist with the Service Company contracting process, as requested.
* Approval of contract expenditure (in SAP).
* Collect and analyse the relevant offset data for well planning purposes.
* Use all offset and published data, knowledge capture databases and catalogues in the identification
of risk; and in the development of appropriate mitigation strategies.
* Ensure that the identification and understanding of actual or potential risks is
applied throughout the well planning process.
* Incorporate risk mitigations plans and strategies into all well designs.
* Conduct all the required well planning in accordance with company's policies and standards, and the Well Delivery Process.
* Summarise the results of the well planning in the Basis of Well Design Document and obtain document approval from the Well Engineering Manager.
* Prepare the casing design in accordance with company's policies and standards, and obtain design
approval from the Well Engineering Manager.
* Organise, prepare and present the Well Design Peer Review.
* Liaise with the allocated Completions and Well Systems Engineers to ensure that the appropriate
completion and subsea / wellhead design input is presented in the Well Design Peer Review.
* Statutory Notifications, Permits and Consents: Prepare the notification and all applications for
consents and permits in sufficient time to:
o Allow internal company to review and approval prior to issue.
o Gain regulatory approval prior to the start of operations.
* Ensure that the Basis of Well Design, HSE notification and Drilling, Abandonment and Suspension Programmes are issued to the Well Examiner for independent review, in compliance with the company's Well Examination Scheme.
Supply the Well Examiner with all other requested documents (e.g., casing design document, rig move
* Prepare the Drilling and/or Abandonment / Suspension Programmes, and
obtain approval prior to the start of operations.
* Well Materials and Load-out Lists: Liaise with the Service Companies to identify and order the
required well equipment and materials.
* Prepare a Load-out List, specifying the equipment and material requirements for each well phase,
and issue this to the Logistics Coordinator, Drilling Superintendent and Drilling Supervisor.
* Operational Support: Provide operational support to the Drilling Superintendent, as requested.
When requested by the Drilling Superintendent, organise and participate in the Drill the Well on Paper
(DWOP) and/or pre-spud meeting prior to the start of operations.
* Prepare and obtain approval for the End of Well Report within 3 months of
the end of operations. Issue the End of Well Report to all relevant parties.
* Collaborate with the Subsurface Teams to define and agree well objectives.
* Work with the Well Owner and Finance Department to ensure approval of long lead and well
AFE's are obtained at the appropriate time for each well.
* Work with the Finance Department to ensure that SAP support for well cost estimating and
cost control / monitoring is forthcoming for each well.
* Consider the application of new technology in all well designs.
* Ensure that lessons learnt from previous well designs and operations are applied to current well
Experience & Qualifications:
▪ Degree qualified Engineer
▪ Achieved certification in specific training courses, including:
- Casing Design
- Risk assessment
- Hazard assessment
▪ Comprehensive well engineering experience covering all aspects of well design and operation engineering
support for platform, jack-up, subsea wells in the North Sea
▪ Experience using Compass and Stress Check software packages
▪ Familiar with UK permit requirements
▪ Experience working with a UK operator and familiar with a typical UK Management System
▪ A good team player, with the ability to mentor less experienced engineers and communicate well with other
▪ Offshore operational experience
Permanent / Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055876.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.