Senior Drilling Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* The Senior Drilling Engineer is responsible for drilling engineering design work and operational engineering support.
* Agreeing well objectives with the Exploration / Development / Subsurface Teams.
* Liaising with the Well Owner and Finance Department to obtain long lead and well AFE approval at the appropriate time.
* Conducting the well planning required for the preparation of the Basis of Well and casing design, ensuring that appropriate knowledge transfer and risk management systems are implemented throughout the planning process.
* Organising and conducting the Well Design Peer Review.
* Preparation and submission of all notifications and applications for consents and permits. Ensure that the well design is examined by the Well Examiner.
* Preparation of Drilling and/or Abandonment / Suspension Programmes.
* Equipment list generation and materials ordering
* Operational support to the Drilling Superintendent.
* End of Well Reports.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified Engineer
* Achieved certification in specific training courses, including:
Well control (Level 4)
* Comprehensive well engineering experience covering all aspects of well design and operation engineering support for platform, jack-up, subsea wells in the North Sea
* Experience using Compass and Stress Check software packages
* Familiar with UK permit requirements
* Experience working with a UK operator and familiar with a typical UK Management System
* A good team player, with the ability to mentor less experienced engineers and communicate well with other discipline engineers.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064811.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.