Senior Application Scientist
1 year contract
Hourly Pay Rate: $40-43/hr (Employee benefits available at a cost)
The Senior Applications Scientist has a Medical Technologist background and will work in the R&D System Verification Labs conducting system level characterization, verification testing, and software workflow testing.
* Conduct manual smear reading for project requirements.
* Under minimal supervision, conducts testing of new or modified hematology analyzers and ensures that testing is performed and documented according to plans, procedures, and schedules.
* Executes system verification testing including customer workflows, Quality Control, Calibration, and analysis of whole blood specimens.
* Ensures that the product meets requirements/specifications.
* Assists in troubleshooting product performance issues by interacting with Software, Engineering, and the support of specific customer application issues.
* Analyzes data using statistical methods, interprets technical data, and promptly reports and documents issues.
* Prepares procedures and reports, and accurately documents the execution of the test procedures and test results in accordance with departmental procedures.
* Prepares presentations and participates in design reviews.
* Follows all safety procedures and policies in the laboratory.
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in related field with 5+ years of experience or Master of Science (M.S.) degree in related field with 3+ years of experience.
* Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP/AMT preferred).
Experience is required in the following areas:
* General laboratory workflow.
* Hematology experience with CBC, 5 Part Differential, flagging, and review of results.
* Execution and review of decision rules with reflex and rerun test orders.
* LIS test order processing, review, and release of results.
* Knowledge of basic laboratory statistics.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word); Familiarity with Data Analysis programs such as JMP a plus.
* Proven technical writing and presentation skills and excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* PREFERRED: Prior experience with Beckman Coulter DxH Hematology instrumentation.
* PREFERRED: Prior experience with Remisol middleware and LIS setup and troubleshooting.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.