Scientist I - Mammalian Cell Culture
Onsite in Worcester, MA
1 year contract (renewable)
Hourly Pay Rate: $35-38/hr (employee benefits available at a cost)
Orion Group is seeking an innovative Scientist with strong Cell Culture experience to work with our global pharmaceutical client in Worcester, MA. This opportunity is in the Cell Line Engineering group within Biotherapeutics Discovery which play a key role in enabling reagent generation supporting diverse applications throughout the company's therapeutic development process.
Under supervision of a senior scientist in the group, the individual will primarily support cell line engineering as well as champion asset management and sample digitization initiatives, moving toward the establishment of a site-wide inventory within the team. Opportunities to expand proficiencies in cell culture applications such as engineering, receptor density quantification and stabilization for reagent cell line generation also exist.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generation and maintenance of cell-lines for antibody discovery and assay development.
- Consolidation of historical and recent cell line assets into digital inventory solution.
- Expansion and banking of core cell lines to ensure adequate inventories.
- Coordination of cell line inventory stocks across multiple sites, providing a foundation for Cell Bank establishment.
- 1-3 years' experience with a BS degree in Biology/Bio-medical/Bio-engineering
- MS degree with some industry or research experience preferred
- Mammalian cell culture
- Microsoft Office
- Communication skills - written and presentation
- Cell-based assay (good to have)
- Flow cytometry (good to have)
In what type of environment would this individual be working in?
- Lab Based, bench work some computer work
- Part of team of 3, will be 4th person on the team
- Initial - 30 MS Teams video Interview with hiring manager
- Final - 1 hour MS Teams video with 3 or 4 team members as group
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.