Scientist I - in vitro assays
Onsite in Lake County, IL
6+ month initial contract
Hourly Pay Rate: $35-38/hr (employee benefits available at a cost)
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Scientist I to join our Molecular Screening and Characterization group. The MSC group focuses on assay development, optimization, and execution of in vitro biochemical and cell based screens in collaboration with multiple therapeutic areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing robust in vitro screens (biochemical and cell-based) and delivering high quality data utilizing common HTS tools as well as novel approaches. In this role, the Scientist will work closely with MSC and project team members to implement in vitro screening strategies as part of the overall project plan. In addition, the preferred candidate's skills should complement the group's emphasis on complex disease relevant cellular and phenotypic assay formats.
The Scientist will partner closely with project team leads to develop relevant cellular models and assay readouts. The candidate should play an active role in communicating and collaborating with scientists across the company to advance projects through day-to-day interactions, presentation of data, and interpretation of results. The Scientist must be capable of working independently while contributing and participating in a team environment and must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Master's Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Enzymology or related field with 0-2+ years of prior experience in a drug discovery laboratory setting working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays and readouts
* Able to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines and have demonstrated the ability to solve research problems with experience in standard in vitro assays (e.g. HTRF, FP, ELISA, FLIPR etc.), including assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
* Adaptability and the ability to rapidly learn new techniques
* Able to analyze and report data concisely and rigorously
* Ability to multi-task and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups
* Computational skills enabling automated data acquisition and analysis, and familiarity with related software applications (MS Access, Spotfire)
* Experience in cell culture and cell-based assay development
* Familiarity in the use of automation and HTS instrumentation
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.