Scientist I - HPLC, Analytical Chemistry & small molecule research
Onsite in South San Francisco, CA
1 year contract (renewable)
Hourly Pay Rate: $42-46/hr (employee benefits are available at a cost)
Orion Group is seeking a detail oriented and results driven scientist to work with our client's team of Analytical Chemists in their South San Francisco, CA laboratory. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leader in the pharmaceutical and drug development industry!
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Operate and maintain analytical and preparative scale HPLC instrumentation.
* Support and troubleshoot walk-up analytical LC-MS instrumentation.
* Purification of samples from medicinal chemistry projects on a milligram to gram scale by preparative HPLC.
* Maintain and troubleshoot NMR spectrometer under the guidance of senior scientists.
* Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
* Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
* Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to company policies.
* Hands-on experience with analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, mass spectrometry, and/or NMR.
* Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of hardware/software platforms.
* Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists and engineers.
* Knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively with medicinal chemistry team.
* Basic understanding of different organic functional groups and organic terminology including enantiomers and diastereomers.
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
* BS, or MS in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline, with typically 2+ (BS) or 0+ (MS) years of job-related experience
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
1. HPLC, SFC, and MS.
2. Analytical LC-MS instrumentation and analytical HPLC instrumentation.
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
* Supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC)
* First Round: 30 mins MS Teams Video with hiring manager
* Second Round: MS Teams video-individual interviews with team (2 to 2.5hr)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.