- Posted 05 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Realtime Data Systems Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide technical support for PI AF, PI Vision, related data systems supporting these systems in partnership with the asset C&I teams onshore and offshore.
* Work to troubleshoot, assist and resolve real time related data and systems issues.
* Recommend and implement improvements, upgrades and modifications to these systems as required to support the asset goals.
* Coordinate operational needs, working with the company and vendor personnel to ensure asset needs are met across Industrial and Enterprise Networks. Notably where these networks interface, both for hardware and software.
* Ensure Realtime Data System service documentation, reports, trackers and communications are used and kept up to date according to requirements of the business.
* Deliver the build and maintenance of PI Asset Framework and PI Vision screens for the assets
* Provide support to project scopes that impact upon, or have a requirement for, real time data gathering and reporting. This could include helping to define the requirements, attend FAT, etc.
* Identify, scope, cost and drive, RFMs as applicable to the position (for example, firmware, software and hardware upgrades).
* Support requirements coming from Digital & New Technologies use cases e.g. (Robotics) in the company, design develop and maintain real time data feeds for these new solutions. Identifies end-user challenges and works with IS and Digital team to identify digital solutions
* Assists in preparation of scopes of work for 3rd party vendor / consultancy services
* Manage the interface between 3rd parties and the asset
* Monitor progress of 3rd parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective results
Experience & Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience in systems engineering, ideally from an instrument/control engineering background.
* Knowledge of digital solutions and support of real time systems with practical experience in the oil and gas sector including:
* Design, build and use of OSISoft PI AF, Vision and Process Book for oil and gas platforms
* Software deployment, upgrade and maintenance in major oil and gas companies
* Working with multiple database environments
* Understanding business processes and challenges
* Integrating production systems to form a common platform for real time data analysis
* Experienced in OSISoft PI administration and working with the suite of OSI PI products
* Knowledge of IT/OT Security, Supervisory Control, Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control System (DCS) principles and implementation
* Self-starter, autonomy required with high quality work output
* Works well as part of a team, with a collaborative nature
* Able to use own initiative to get things done
* Able to identify and deliver value-adding projects
* Able to supervise 3rd party project work scopes and ensure delivery
* Able to progress a project through the full lifecycle from concept through to final commissioning and aftercare support
* Responds positively to ad-hoc requests and provides high quality support
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062679.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.