Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Quality Specialist/Senior Quality Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSES Procedures
* Ensure the safe delivery of reliable Safety Critical Equipment and critical spares to offshore assets.
* Support applicable Design Verification aspects associated with new equipment, modifications, and relevant projects in order to assure compliance with UKCS regulations, engineering standards, and SECE Performance Standards.
* Ensure that Company quality governance and Quality Plans are adhered to in all phases of work.
* Familiar with and able to articulate key Company Quality Management expectations and requirements to key contractors and suppliers through relevant channels (e.g. PPMs)
* Consistently implement in the company's Quality Management requirements, including quality procedures, quality governance, and applicable Company requirements
* Provide input to and assist with the development of key Quality deliverables such as SQS Strategies, Design Verification Plans, and project-specific quality procedures.
* Carry out required duties in accordance with applicable Company requirements, Project Quality Plans, and UK regulatory requirements.
* Participate in internal and supplier audits in accordance with the Functional Audit Programme.
* Co-ordinate third-party QC inspectors to ensure that Company defined intervention points are achieved in accordance with applicable SQS Plans.
* Co-ordinate third-party QC inspections of temporary equipment to ensure that it is safe and fit-for-purpose for use on Company assets.
* Monitor and report progress of internal and supplier QC processes.
* Participate in follow-up activities at contractors and suppliers through reviews, verifications, surveillance and audit activities.
* Carry out required Supplier Quality Surveillance duties, including site visits, as instructed by the Quality & Verification Manager.
* Facilitate project Design Verification activities in accordance with applicable Design Verification Plans.
* Monitor Contractors' compliance to quality KPIs and report Quality performance against key metrics / trends as an input to Quality Reporting and/or Management Review processes.
* Support proper handling and resolution of all reported project non-conformances in accordance with applicable Quality procedures.
* Review and provide required Quality input to key supplier documentation in accordance with Company Quality requirements.
* Maintain records to provide evidence of conformity to Company Quality requirements, and of the effective operation of the Quality Management System, including maintaining a non-conformity system.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* HNC or comparable education or experience.
* Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
* Experience with Quality management systems, preferably from the oil and gas industry.
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Working knowledge of the ISO 9001, Company Quality requirements, and key UK regulations.
* Previous experience with either manufacturing, testing, or offshore commissioning activities of equipment for use on offshore installations.
* Preferably a certified Lead auditor (ISO 9001)
* Preferably familiar with the company's requirements.
* Proficient in use of IT applications such as PIMS and Microsoft Office.
* Awareness of the company's HSES Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069649.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.