Our client is currently recruiting for the position of QA/QC Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to the SHE policy and striving towards zero incident project and modifications delivery.
* Implement the company's Quality Strategy and CMS on assigned projects and modifications.
* Manage all QA/QC activities of assigned project and modifications and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with Company procedures and statutory requirements.
* Support projects and modifications teams with equipment quality criticality rating assessment process.
* Develop, implement, and maintain projects and modifications Quality Plans as necessary to be used to control the work conducted during the execution of projects and modifications.
* Provide Quality input to tenders Exhibit 'H' in line with the company's Quality Strategy, Specifications and Company Rules.
* Complete Quality evaluations of tenders and support clarifications / qualification process leading to contract award.
* Review and endorse engineering Purchase Orders for directly procured equipment.
* Review Contractor Quality documentation, including but not limited to Quality Plan(s), Inspection and Test Plan(s), Manufacturing Record Book(s).
* Provide estimates for required project quality support, QA/QC manhours and manage the inspection budgets.
* Attend Kick Off Meetings / Pre-Production Meetings / Pre-Inspection Meetings as required.
* Responsible for management, promotion and supporting the efficient close-out of non-conformance reports on assigned projects and modifications.
* Responsible for supporting the company and Project Verification process is adhered to, assuring independent scrutiny of the Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) and Performance Standards (PSs) and compliance with Group requirements.
* Act as the focal point for resolution of Verification issues through liaison with the Verification Body and the Project.
* Conduct audits and prepare, report and follow-up any corrective actions arising from an audit to closure.
* Ensure Contractors comply with all applicable Company Specifications, Rules, procedures etc
* Develop and maintain productive and constructive relationships with site-based / offshore personnel, onshore operations/technical teams, and external contractors / vendors.
* Responsible for day-to-day coordination of site QA/QC & inspection in line with ITP's.
* Ensure Projects' Quality KPIs are reported and monitored to drive continuous improvement.
* Support lessons learned with continual improvement practices.
* Promote best practice and use of innovative technology including maintenance of the CMS principles.
* Provide technical support for the development of continuous improvement within the company.
* Ensure Quality Risks are managed in accordance with the risk management process.
* Prepare for, conduct and report on Lessons Learned sessions internally and with suppliers, helping to aid continual improvement in the organisations.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline.
* Qualified Lead Auditor.
* Post qualification experience in a similar role within Oil & Gas Industry.
* Good working knowledge of metallurgy, welding, NDT, fabrication, processes and multidiscipline equipment.
* Experience of application of Quality Assurance Systems
* Experience with QA/QC of pipeline, subsea and surface equipment.
* CQI Practitioner status preferred
* Detailed knowledge of legislation / regulations relevant to discipline.
* Good working knowledge of engineering disciplines, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
* Ability to create positive relations with peers and stakeholders internally and externally
* Good written and verbal communication skills, experience of working as part of a quality team.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068405.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.