$22-$25/HR based on healthcare plan
M-F 7:30am- 4pm 100% Onsite
1 year contract
Orion Group is looking for candidates with moderate to advance Excel skills, to work a fully onsite position as a Purchasing Specialist for our multinational pharmaceutical client located in North Chicago.
Some other important skills to have to be successful in this role are:
Strong communication & teamwork
2. Ability to prioritize & agility for multitasking.
3. Strong written & verbal skills along with quick system/technology onboarding.
4. Self-motivated with prolonged sitting for data entry with minimal supervision.
5. SAP & Maximo system experience are a plus along with MRO & Purchasing knowledge.
The primary function of Purchasing specialist is to support the purchasing of material and service orders supporting manufacturing and engineering.
The Purchasing Specialist will work with external users of the PTP (procure-to-pay) program within the organization (This includes: SAP, SRM, SAP ECC and our work order management system, Maximo).
The role is critical in providing high levels of customer satisfaction to both employees and suppliers AND ensure all requests for purchases are managed effectively and supported from creation of the requisition in Maximo to Purchase order in SAP and finally to warehouse receipt of materials.
The Purchasing Specialist works closely with all users of the system, including maintenance, engineering, storeroom attendants, internal requisitioners, suppliers and is delegated the authority to commit company funds.
College degree not required and 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Advanced Excel Skill Required
- Smartsheet is preferred
- In depth understanding of all aspects of PTP, SAP, SRM, ECC and inventory control.
- Proficient users of procurement tools including SAP and work order management system Maximo
- Create and issue purchase orders to suppliers and assist requestor in a subject matter expert capacity to efficiently process requests.
- Maintain part factors assigned in work order management system to optimize purchase order processing and have a strong understanding of MRP re-order point and safety-stock setting functionality
- Support Lake County storeroom operations and new product launches by setting up new storeroom items in work order system Maximo.
- Assist with optimizing storeroom key performance metrics/ indicators through ensuring alignment with part and planning factors established in work order management system.
- Responsible for running IBM Cognos Query Studio reports which provides information to effectively measure key performance indicators supporting MRO.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.