(Contract Documentation Specialist JP23232)
Contract: Through 12/2023, with possibility of conversion 3 days onsite/2 days remote (Hybrid schedule)
7am-9am start, flexible on start time- 8hrs a day
M-F $20-$23/HR based on health benefits
Orion Group is currently hiring a Purchasing Administrator to join our pharmaceutical client ASAP!
Do you have what it takes to work for our market leading life science client in North Chicago as a Purchasing Administrator?!
IF you possess the 5 skills below, then you are who we are looking for to help fill this role, so please keep reading and apply!!
1) Contract experience
2) SRM SAP Module/Systems experience
3) Redline/negotiation skills; contract redline reviews
4) Stakeholder management
5) Follow throughs
Purpose of the Purchasing Administrator:
The Purchasing Administrator works within the Purchasing & Supplier Management (PSM), which provides contracting direction to multiple functional areas within the company.
The role supports the Customer Excellence Manager and is responsible for supporting, enforcing, and managing the strategy at the transactional level set by the Category Team at the site in concert with the Corporation's overall strategies.
The position's objective is to lead through execution of assigned transactions while deploying process efficiencies.
Purchasing Administrator Responsibilities:
· Understand the Organization's approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide requestor's to the appropriate buying channel Supplier Management Team.
· Support and collect due diligence information required for evaluating and approving new suppliers, in line with the Preferred Supplier Networks
· Administrative support for purchasing projects and supplier management (contract reviews, bid summary justifications, vendor record updates, approving Purchase Orders, data analysis)
· Works with high ethical standard, in compliance with the law and the company policies and procedures
· Support the Category Team strategy by enforcing the supplier preferred network, having understanding of Category Team initiatives/priorities, having subject matter expertise and educating stakeholders of the same
· Effectively develop and negotiate confidentiality agreements, standalone contracts and Statements of Work and any other agreement in alignment with agreed category strategies, at a financial approved and authorized for the position
· Manage standard Procure-to-Pay intake contract requests within established Service Level metrics
· Assist in the execution of process efficiency related projects that serve to improve customer experience within the Procure-to-Pay process
Purchasing Administrator Required Qualifications & Skills:
· Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
· The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of procurement/negotiations experience in purchasing, preferably, but not limited to Pharmaceutical.
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
· Solid experience conducting vendor negotiations
· Strong experience of customer services type roles
· Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Possesses ability to learn and utilize other software tools as necessary
· Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.