Our Client is currently seeking talented Process Engineers to join our team in Qatar for a short-term contract of 6 months. As a key member of the Doha office, you will play a crucial role in delivering various scopes of work, including study, FEED, EPC, and PMC.
This position requires expertise in onshore and offshore oil and gas projects, as well as flow assurance. If you are a motivated professional with a strong background in chemical engineering and a passion for delivering high-quality results, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality procedures to ensure a safe working environment and deliver projects to the highest safety standards.
- Develop detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets, and drawings that meet the requirements of our projects.
- Follow company standards and procedures, as advised by the Lead Process Engineer, to manage project scheduling and budgeting effectively.
- Stay up to date with the latest technical advancements in your field of expertise.
- Provide technical solutions for project-specific issues and demonstrate a strong understanding of challenging project and client targets.
- Proactively pursue personal and professional development to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Identify and manage commercial and technical risks, escalating significant issues to the Lead Process Engineer.
- Seek opportunities to improve department and project performance, actively contributing to developing solutions.
- Hold a degree qualification in Chemical Engineering and preferably be a member of a relevant professional body or institution.
- Possess experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, onshore and offshore, with a focus on upstream operations.
- Display self-motivation, proactivity, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong organizational awareness.
- Show customer focus and the ability to meet customer needs while achieving project and corporate objectives.
- Exhibit analytical and innovation skills to manage new technologies effectively.
- Proficiency in process simulation using Aspentech Hysys is required, while experience with other simulation tools like Pro-II is advantageous.
- Familiarity with flow assurance software such as OLGA and PIPENET is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with Aveva P&ID and/or Smartplant P&ID software is desirable but not essential.
- Preferably available for immediate work in Doha, Qatar.
- Have the ability to work independently and remotely from technical leadership personnel, taking accountability for assigned scopes of work with minimal guidance.
- Experience working in a small project office, supporting cross-discipline activities beyond your core discipline.
- Willingness and ability to represent Wood in onshore and offshore surveys, including relevant certifications such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.
- Possess competent written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
Join a dynamic team and contribute to the success of projects in Qatar. Our Client offers a competitive salary, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. If you are ready to take on this challenging role and make a difference in the oil and gas industry, please submit your application today.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.